Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to get rid of a "New Forum Messages" to me    Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jan-6 by srragland; 747 views.
srragland

Jan-6

I am the Host of The Spiritual Horizon but I was posting on some other forums.  There is a forum I no longer want to post on or even read on but I have a message from someone on that forum.  Is there any way to get rid of the alert that I have a new message without actually going on that forum and reading that message?

Thanks, Susan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-6

Did you delete the forum from your My Forums page? If it was in your Favorites you have to delete it from there and then again from the Recently Visited section.

If you do that and still see the alert, try logging out of Delphi and back in. Let me know if it works please - I'm only theorizing.

srragland

Jan-6

I deleted it from My Forums page, logged out of Delphi and logged back in.  The message notification is still there.

Thanks, Susan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-6

And it is not still hanging around on your Recently Visited section? Hmmm I was pretty sure I had done this before, sorry.

Eventually it will (hopefully) stop notifying you. I think it is at least a month.

srragland

Jan-6

Yes, I think this has happened before and it eventually went away.  I do not use that feature to track what posts I get, I use my e-mail, so I am just going to ignore it till it goes away. ;-)

Thanks, Susan

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-6

OK That's good .

:)

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-6

If it’s not in recently visited and has been deleted from visited forums, the notification is supposed to go away.  Maybe it’s a bug?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-6

Showtalk said:

Maybe it’s a bug?

Could be - I'd say a tick! lol

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-6

Definitely a tiny bug.  Classic mode?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jan-6

Not sure how - Classic view only affects Forums not your My Forums page or the Navigation frame. 

I could do some poking around.