Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi Dumps   Chat

Started 1/17/18 by Kakes2; 5315 views.
gunter

2/4/18

Sorry to hear of the problems, I'll pass this on to tech to take a closer look.

thanks for the details ...

• Edited February 4, 2018 8:57 am  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 7
Sassy (MrsSassy)

2/4/18

thank you Gunter while I was posting my post to you several members  of *Hearts* where dumped 4 times (Myself included ) when I returned to chat after writing out my post to you NO ONE could see me typing. I tried rebooting and then I did get back in the room however I had the dreaded 2 behind my member name which ALWAYS means we  can expect being dumped yet again very quickly. I tried everything and finally I exited chat, logged out (the correct way) and then signed back into Delphi.  Ultimately I clicked on the chat room after doing that I tried to enter the ongoing chat but once again I had that 2 behind my name PLUS I could not type into the chat window.... I repeated that entire process and on my 3rd attempt I did enter chat and I was able to participate with everyone in chat. However after a very short time I was dumped yet again. By the time I was able to join in the conversation everyone was heading out to go to bed. Its sure frustrating Gunter and having that same thing happening to all of us time and time again is ruining our nightly chats. My Assistant Manager opens chat at 6:00 PM (  Eastern time zone ) every night and the chat room is closed  around 12:00 EST depending on participation in the Chat room. I hope that by providing you with the times that these things are happening in chat that it will make the job easier for them to fix the issues... Thanks a bunch!

Sassy

gunter

2/4/18

The two behind your name indicates the server hasn't logged out your original login, it gets confused.

thanks for the details ...

Sassy (MrsSassy)

2/6/18

when we get dumped all we can do is come back to chat that's the only time we get the dreaded 2 behind our names... nothing we do removes it... including exiting the chat room completely,  then log out correctly , then return to the chat room again only then "sometimes" we can get rid of the extra name and the dreaded 2 then but not always... go figure lol By extra name what i mean is I always change my name once I have entered chat and its always the nick name that has the dreaded 2 behind that nick the MrsSassy name remains in the chat room but can't type into the chat room as long as the Sassy2 nick is in the chat room. I hope I'm explaining this correctly and that it can be fixed!

gunter

2/7/18

Yes, the system doesn't clear your name right away though you've logged out.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

2/10/18

Any news concerning the constant ejections from my Forums chat room? It is still ongoing many times a session that runs from 7:00pm Eastern time to 11:00 PM and later at Hearts That Hear Mental Health Support...We are in the  Main Chat room which is open 7 days a week including holidays.... Several long time members are constantly being removed from the Main Chat room at *Hearts*  all are using latest Version of Firefox as their browser choice and all are running Windows 10... and are still being removed as well..... I have been a member of Delphi for 19 years and I'm getting removed from the chat room many times a each and every night... I'm running Current version of Firefox and Windows 10.... PLEASE figure out what the issue is  PLEASE! People are getting very upset and are not returning to chat after the repeated dumps from Delphi! No one would enjoy being dumped repeatedly so I sure don't blame them!

Cstar1
Staff

2/11/18

Can you turn on your chat log, and record the times of the dumps please, then paste that portion of the logs here (with timestamps) so we can give engineering something to go on?

Sassy (MrsSassy)

2/11/18

I gave the times I believe. But I can tell you again, it's happening every night between 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm Eastern Time zone, 7 days a week.  It's happening many times a chat session to many of my members. I can't find any common thread between browsers or versions of Windows. Most of the members that are being Dumped have been chatting on Delphi for many years so they are not inexperienced chatters...

Thank you for any help that you can offer us, this is very disruptive to our chats...

addy: http://forums.delphiforums.com/comfortplace/chat

Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

2/11/18

I think she is looking for the time stamps the logs provide. I know you have a sensitive chat )needing to maintain privacy) and posting logs would be out of the question. 

It’s a delphi problem that’s been hard to nail down. Maybe place a brief word in your rooms greeting so members are aware it’s niether them nor your mods.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

2/11/18

You hit the nail on the head Kid... I would never share the logs with anyone due to privacy issues... Delphi needs to get the problem fixed however.I've given them the time frame that my Forums concerned about that's all I can do to help.