Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat Bot chatter...   Chat

Started Feb-9 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 3952 views.
. (RabidWulf)

Feb-12

Cstar1 said...

. (RabidWulf) said:

Wondering now if 'ignore' will work for each individual chatter

It doesn't appear that ignore works on the bots. 

Thank you for checking...  you are appreciated!

Msg 28187.30 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 29
gunter

Feb-14

ignore, skipping deletion ...

. (RabidWulf)

Feb-14

Logging 24/7 was a good thought .. but it seems our bot decided to take a nap .. and in falling asleep left the room .. s/he/it did return .. with a new identity (WelcomeBot2).. but did not turn the log back on LOL

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-15

I think there was actually a chat server reboot, which will turn off the logs. When that happens, you'll have to turn them on again.

. (RabidWulf)

Feb-15

Cstar1 said...

I think there was actually a chat server reboot, which will turn off the logs. When that happens, you'll have to turn them on again.

Thank you ... thinking you are very much correct about the chat server reboot as it happened again  this morning... 07:12 AM ... and guessing there must be/may be a reboot every morning.  No reply needed as we were simply testing to see if a 24/7 log is possible,

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-16

The trivia bot left our chatroom while a member was playing. I'm guessing by the time of his post it was around 7:20 this morning (Eastern)

Cstar1
Staff

Feb-17

We've done a few chat reboots when we make updates. That might have been when we added categories for the trivia bot. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Mar-4

Hello - I helped a forum with a bot set up and am passing along some feedback.

1. Can the Bots be renamed?

2. The Trivia game is rather difficult and frustrating to play (I agree) are there plans for other games or games with varying degrees of difficulty?

I can switch them to the Scramble game if they are game (heh) as I found that one with geometric scoring to be a lot more fun to play, but more games or easier levels would get the Hey-ho from me as well.

Cstar1
Staff

Mar-5

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along.