Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Profiles not closing in Chat   Chat

Started 3/14/18 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 654 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

3/14/18

I have a question that I need to ask concerning opening someones name when they enter the Chat to see if they have been in the room previously and or posted previously...

I noticed recently that if there are more than 6 people in the chat room if I open a persons info when they enter, that their information remains on my screen even though I have attempted to close it many times by clicking on the X above their name..... when that happens... often times I can't view other names under theirs... I'm talking about where you can see when they entered your forum or if they have posted  & if so how many posts... you can also choose to kick or gag or whisper to them or send them a pm...

Why can't I close that screen so I can view all of the names in the chat room list?... 

The issue is...     when that happens I must type out the member name and the command manually and when time is of the essence it would sure be nice for it to work correctly so I can simply click on what I want to do with them have it happen as it should...  The only way I have found to get it so it works is to exit the room... log off of Delphi correctly and then return to the chat room... HOWEVER when I'm forced to do that, it leaves the chat room vulnerable... and that's not acceptable to my members or myself,  as a lot of chaos can be done in the little amount of time that it takes me to exit and return to the Forum...The screen is full sized, Browser is FireFox, Windows 10 Pro, web tag, comfortplace. Thanks for any help or suggestions you may be able to offer me.

Sassy

gunter

3/14/18

To be clear, this happens only when there are six members or more showing. When there are fewer, the screen closes as it should when you click on the x at the top?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

3/14/18

No I'm sorry I didn't explain that very well. LLast night for example someone new to the Forum entered the chat room for the first time. There where 5 in the chat room when they entered...

1. I wanted to see if they had been to the Forum previously ( We ask everyone to post an Introduction once they have chatted with us )

2. I also wanted to see just how long they have been a member on Delphi

3. I clicked on their name and reviewed their information

4. I closed their name by clicking on the X

5. The screen remained open the entire time they where in the room

6. Resulting in covering up anyone else's name that entered the chat room for the entire chat session

7. One of the members left the chat room however I had accidentally clicked on her member name when I was telling her to have a good night her profile opened and remained open even though I attempted to close it several times..

8. It doesn't seem to matter how many times you attempt to close the window it simply remains open. I haven't looked at last nights log to see if that shows up in the log but I would doubt it so, I just wanted to know what we could/should do or if there is a way to fix it?

Sorry to be such a bother! I do appreciate your help.

*Hearts That Hear* Mental Health Support web tag - comfortplace

Thanks Again! Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 3

This has also happened to me (the Profile not closing in chat) 

Sassy and I both use Firefox if that matters. 

gunter

3/14/18

Letting with tech know.

thanks for the details ...

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy (MrsSassy)

3/15/18

Your VERY welcome Gunter and thank you for letting tech know of the issue!

Your the BEST!

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

3/18/18

thanks so much for reporting that your experiencing the same problem with the same Browser have you figured anything out? It happened to me last night again and of course there was someone in the room that I wanted to remove but I did so by typing in the command but it's still a pain... lol

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

I wanted to remove but I did so by typing in the command but it's still a pain... lol

Well at least you remembered how to do that! lol I put up with the profile until I left, if it were my own chat I guess I woudl have exited and reentered the room (also a PITB)

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

have you figured anything out?

I only figure out the broken part, engineering has to do the rest.