Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Promoting with Twitter   How to Promote Your Forum

Started 4/1/18 by canechaser05; 1295 views.
gunter

4/2/18

When promoting a discussion to run on the forums here, you also get a screen to do the same for social networks like Twitter. It logs you into Twitter to post a tweet with a link back to the discussion automatically included.

let us know how it goes ...

MEDDLY

4/2/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said...

oh Twitter Godess

Psst, you're missing a "d" (Goddess)...

In reply toRe: msg 3
canechaser05

4/2/18

Gunter thank you! Your help is much appreciated. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/2/18

MEDDLY said:

Psst, you're missing a "d" (Goddess)...

Aha - that's where it went Thank you Meddly, now if happen to find my keys...

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/2/18

I can't wait for cstar - do you use Twitter a lot? With Delphi's new(ish) interface you can import your Twitter feed to your forum's controls and publish what you'd like (within ToS of course lol) or create a custom Twitter stream to tell your members a unique Live Story.

Cstar1
Staff

4/3/18

There isn't a button on the start page for Twitter, but as you suggested, you can grab the URL for your forum, and promote it via your feed.

You can also send any Delphi promos to Facebook and Twitter after you create it:

or send individual messages to Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ (where the forum and/or poster has allowed it.)

There are also browser extensions you can install that put a "Tweet" link on your toolbar, so you can tweet out a link and description of the thread you're currently viewing - that would work for a start page as well. 

Showtalk
Staff

4/3/18

Can I be a godess too? I have several Twitter accounts.  The best way is to stay logged in whenever the host is on Delphi, so you can immediately send the promo to Twitter.  

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/3/18

Showtalk said:

Can I be a godess too?

Absolutely and thank you for your input!

Showtalk
Staff

4/3/18

You’re welcome.  Now I need to find a stray “d.”  

canechaser05

4/3/18

Thank you for your help! I use twitter more than any other social platform so was gonna start promoting my forum on there. Thank you