Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Placing a chatter on "Bozo"   Administrative Issues

Started Apr-7 by Kenny (GoofBall1983); 598 views.

I had a chatter to come into my forum who was being somewhat obnoxious.  After said chatter was booted out of my chat room by one of my Moderators, I placed that chatter on "Bozo" and "Gagged".  Now, I know that it can take up to 20 minutes for any changes made to take effect, however, that chatter came back to my chat room after approximately an hour and was still able to chat in the room.......... How is this possible?  Under my Controls and under said chatter's username, I clicked on "Bozo", "Gagged", then "Confirm", then "Apply".  After I saw that placing that chatter on "Bozo" and "Gagged" didn't work, I locked that chatter out of my forum.

gunter

Apr-7

Confirm is used when you delete all messages from a member, it may have confused the setting. It's just Apply for the other flags. Gagged works immediately.

Also check your Privilege Change Log in Controls to see what actions it shows when.

• Edited April 7, 2018 11:17 am  by  gunter
Msg 28235.3 deleted

Are you accessing the Set Privilege screen for those members the same way (BTW - we're not suppose to post the member names here) and if so how is that?

Can you be precise please. ie/ From chat - View Profile- Set Privileges OR From the forum's visitor list (start page) OR from inside controls (and if so, again the exact path)

Also just a tip - only apply gag, I don't THINK there's a conflict between the two but there's no need to apply them both. (If you are wanting them to be bozoed after they log out and you remove gag - that would be a reason lol)

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thank you gunter, that makes sense.  I did look in my Privilege Change Log and saw that I did place the chatter on Bozo and Gagged, but like I said, that person was still able to come back and chat after about an hour.  I placed another chatter on Gagged before that and it also showed up under Privilege Change Log and it worked, that chatter wasn't able to chat in my chat room.  If I'm not mistaken, I did the same thing as I did to the previous mentioned chatter: clicked Gagged, Bozo, then Apply, then Confirm........... So that's why I was confused as to why it didn't work with the user that I put on Gag and Bozo the other night.

*EDIT*
I deleted and reposted this to omit the username of the chatter whom I put on Gag and Bozo.  Instead of editing that post, I just had to delete because I couldn't edit out the screen shot of the username............. I didn't know that it wasn't allowed to post the username until KidMagnet pointed that out to me.  It won't happen again.

Kidmagnet, here is what I did and the exact path I took: I went to Controls, Reports, Visitor Log, then found the username that I wanted to Gag and Bozo.  Then, under the username in my Controls, I clicked Gagged, Bozo, Confirm, then Apply.  I have done this once or twice before on other chatters and it worked on them.............. I hope that was specific enough, because I don't know how else to explain it.  LOL  I'm also including a screen shot here of exactly what I clicked on, then I clicked Apply.

However, I know now what I did wrong.  As gunter pointed out, it seems that Confirm is only when you want to delete all messages posted by a specific member.  So, if I understand correctly in order to place a chatter on Gagged, I just click the Check box beside Gag, then click Apply and that's it? 

OK don't do that lol You likely also deleted them from the forum and that removes the restriction flags. Just click Apply. Confirm is only for Deleting them altogether (well their profile from your forum)

Kenny (GoofBall1983) said:

So, if I understand correctly in order to place a chatter on Gagged, I just click the Check box beside Gag, then click Apply and that's it?

YES - sorry about my last message we seemed to have been composing at the same time :)

Sorry for all the messages - I was actually going to write a tutorial on this last night but spent 90 mins looking at pictures of spiders... lol I'll try for it tonight!

Kenny (GoofBall1983) said:

As gunter pointed out, it seems that Confirm is only when you want to delete all messages posted by a specific member.

You can delete a member without removing all their messages. that would just a check in Confirm and then Delete. If you wish to delete their messages you'd use that button on the right.