Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Set Privileges   Basic Help for Hosts

Started 4/7/18 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 895 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/7/18

Set Privileges and Restrictions can be confusing and I'm going to write a few FYI's here to help Hosts out.

In Classic...

You can access a members Set Privilege Screen from Controls (type the member name in and click on Search or just click Search and scroll to find)

Or from their name (mini profile) on a post.

Once you have their screen up there is a list of the various Privileges and Restrictions below

Now here's some tips...

If you have Voiced a member and are now wishing to place them on Probation you'll need to also remove Voice. In Zeta there is a pop up that tells you to do just this, but that is missing in Classic. Voice will override Probation.

Probation interferes with Advanced Search - one of those quirks we happen upon here in Delphi. You can search for messages TO that member but not from them. Remove Probation to search for their messages if you need to review them. Once the results show you can open Controls on another tab and place it back.

Deleting a Member: You may wish to remove a member entirely from your forum. When you do this though any Privileges or Restrictions on their account are also removed. If they were previously gagged or locked out, they would be able to return and post. their First Visit date would be reset to their first visit AFTER the deletion. Place a check in the Confirm box and then press Delete.

Delete all Messages If you wish to remove all messages from a member you can use that one button. It takes time for the messages to be removed and the member will remain part of the forum.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/8/18

Delete all Messages If you wish to remove all messages from a member you can use that one button. It takes time for the messages to be removed and the member will remain part of the forum.

This no longer seems to work.  It never was available in Zeta, is that why it won't work in Classic anymore?

gunter

4/8/18

I'll check more. As I recall it took time for sll messages to go away.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/8/18

How long a while? I still see them. 

gunter

4/9/18

Does look like it's not working. I'll let tech know.

never did like that option ...

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Staff

4/9/18

If I remember correctly, the delete all messages routine is one that ran after everything else, during processor lull times. Sometimes took a full day. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/9/18

I still see them, I'll keep an eye on it. I think they phased it out - there's no such option in Zeta

gunter

4/10/18

My test Delete All did work, but don't know how long it took.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/10/18

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ponymagnet/start

member - elguru

Does it show in your change log? I'm trying to remove messages without deleting him. I click on delete all messages from his set privilege screen and get the confirm or or cancel screen. Hit confirm and nothing happens. I've done it several times over the last couple of days.

gunter

4/10/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

elguru

Deletions do not show in the Change Log.  Are there any recent messages by this member/