Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

IM Messages   Basic Help for Hosts

Started 4/11/18 by DIVA (texas_diva); 625 views.
DIVA (texas_diva)

4/11/18

How the heck can I get my I'm messages back to what they were. I DO NOT like this new version you guys done.

I want the old IM messages back

gunter

4/11/18

Sorry this isn't working for you right away.

This is looking under the Inbox tab. The order is unread PMs on top, then below that should be the the ones you have seen, latest ones first.

Most confusion happens when there are many PMs having new messages, instead of showing a zero.  If that is what you see, once you open all of them the system should work much better.

In reply toRe: msg 2
DIVA (texas_diva)

4/12/18

Hi, no that's not what i'm talking about. Is there a way to change the layout of it from zeta back to the way it was before the COMMENT section was changed to Zeta format

gunter

4/12/18

Not sure what you mean, IM/PM is not Zeta and he new layout can't be changed.

If you mean the forums, those can be switched back to Classic in the center of the page when first entering Controls, scroll down.

In reply toRe: msg 4
DIVA (texas_diva)

4/13/18

Ok ......no problem ....... Thank you anyways

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

It's a bit different than the old but actually organizes thing a bit better. However the have been problems on some members accounts. If things seem to not working sensibly please ask/report here.

Improvements include - the ability to delete an entire conversation (all PMs between you and a certain member) or just selected PMs in that conversation.

Problems include - Conversations not appearing in any sensible order and not being able to send more than one PM at a time without logging out and back in. Gunter posted the fix for the first of those problems and ad/script blockers or some other addon is likely the cause of the second.

DIVA (texas_diva)

4/13/18

exactly hon, I see pm's from 6 yrs back... I don't want to go and delete one by one. At least they should make a " Select All"

to make it easier

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

You can delete each conversation thread. Are yours ordered properly - they should be by conversations with unread messages and then ones without unreadable in order of last received.