Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat room being attacked   Chat

Started 4/11/18 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 2412 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

4/11/18

I have a Delphi member attacking my Forums chat room this evening he is making threats to my person, disrupting  an ongoing chat room, despite me using every tool I can use to keep him out. He has altered my membername  to return, Used his real name with a number behind it, has used more names than I can count at this point, and as I am typing this message to you he is returning to do nothing but cause disruption in the Forum.  We could really use some help with this one. He has stated he is drunk and has slashed his arms.Thank you for any help you may be able to offer the Forums members, staff and myself.

Sassy

Hearts That Hear Mental Health Support

web tag comfortplace 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/11/18

Can you put the chat room on moderation? 

gunter

4/11/18

Also set a Post Waiting Period in Controls, Main Setting, set it to some hours when this happens. That also works for new members in  the chat room.

• Edited April 11, 2018 9:22 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 3
Kakes2

4/12/18

sent you a PM on this subject will also do what you suggest in controls

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sassy (MrsSassy)

4/12/18

Thank you very much I appreciate any and all input. I did not receive any pm's from you regrettably, could you resend it to me please?

Tc, Sassy

Kakes2

4/12/18

Hi Sassy my message was to gunter and the PM I sent was to him concerning this issue.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

4/12/18

Thanks so very much Kid, As always YOUR the BEST!~ I *think* the entire Forum is set on moderation hon but not sure~ I will look at the settings for chat which is where I would think that is where it would be found..

tc, Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 6
Sassy (MrsSassy)

4/12/18

Oh ok! LOL sorry for the post back to you then, I didn't mean to waste your time I assure you of that.

Tc Sassy

Kakes2

4/12/18

No worries Sassy, it's not a problem. Just didn't want you looking for something not there.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

4/12/18

Gunter thank you I am wondering if that post waiting time would be necessary or would even help as the entire forum is moderated so new posts must get my approval before they go on the message board? Am I right or should I still set the waiting time for a new poster?

Thanks so much for your help as always your always so helpful and it is very much appreciated by me.

I would like the addy for Delphi TOS please? I have all of the names that where used to run bat crazy in my Forums Chat room last evening and also an email provider that I gleaned in the Forums controls.

Tc, Sassy