Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Question about Ops chat room.   Chat

Started 4/13/18 by Kenny (GoofBall1983); 598 views.
Kenny (GoofBall1983)

4/13/18

In my forum, I have an Ops chat room for myself and my Moderators to go in, when needed and discuss forum business without any input from other chatters.  Of course, I do have a main chat room for all other chatters who wish to come in and chat.  However here lately, I've noticed that several people who do not have Moderator controls in my forum have been entering my Ops chat room and while it's probably on accident, it's still quite annoying.  So, is there a way that I could set my Ops chat room to only be accessible to me and my Moderators?  I have looked and looked under my controls, but can't find any option to be able to do that.  Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

Set the room limit in Controls to however many of you are going to be there. Also make sure the room is set not to publish on the active chat list. 

You probably have already done this but - put room ops only in the chat room title. 

Editing in - Cstar's answer is better!

Cstar1
Staff

6:52 AM

If you set the room number to 0, those with a C flag or above can enter, but others can not. 

Kenny (GoofBall1983)

4/13/18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said...

You probably have already done this but - put room ops only in the chat room title. 

Yes, I've already done that.  LOL  The other thing, setting the number of chatters I can do that as well and I can change it to where it's not on the active chat list.......... Ty, Kidmagnet!  :-)

Cstar1
Staff

4/13/18

If you set the room number to 0, those with a C flag or above can enter, but others can not. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

OH!!! smarter!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kenny (GoofBall1983)

4/13/18

Oh, OK........ I'm assuming C flag means Moderator or Op controls, yes?