Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Videos...   Basic Help for Hosts

Started 4/13/18 by The Zookeeper (B0UNTYMAN); 741 views.

Can a video be inserted in a message (Classic View)? If so, how...and is their a membership tier involved?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

You do need to have a paying account (Plus or Extra in Classic - I'm not sure about Advanced).

Copy the Embed code from Youtube (either click the share button and look for the Embed tab, or right click on the video and choose Copy Embed Code)

Switch to Source in the message screen and paste it in.

If the forum is in Classic but your members are accessing from the mobile Zeta view and there is not a Source option, they can just copy the actual link from youtube (Share/Copy link) and paste it into the Embed Media portion of the toolbar.

Let me know if you want screenshots for any of this (to post on your own forum)

This member has a Basic account...and I'm assuming that the video he wants to post is a video he's taken at his machine shop. Not sure what that codec would be, Mp4, Mp3 ? Is that allowed? In other words...suppose he sent the video to me via email and I posted it for him?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

Oh I see - not Delphi does not have direct embedding of video (yet...?) the way we do images. You can try attaching it if it's not too long. I've done short video clips before.

For a Basic member...probably too large of an attachment. I tried a saved-to-desktop email video of 6.4MB in my test forum...with Plus it said file too large for an attachment.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

4/13/18

Can you upload it to your files? I forget.

The best is if he has a file storage some place and then links to it. In the old days that was photobucket. Facebook works if he marks the post Public,

I've suggested that he open a YouTube account, upload the video to YouTube and provide a link in a new message to it. Gonna skip all the DF crap!

Gary (GARY479)

4/16/18

Youtube used to have a 10 minute limit (their basic plan) so he might have to cut it if longer unless they changed something.

Good to know...I'll have him pass that info along to his IT guy. Thank you!