Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Editing a subject line   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Apr-20 by Franki 7775 (franki7775); 479 views.

How do I go about to edit a subject line when I've made a typo and have already posted something?

Cstar1
Staff

Apr-20

In forums where you're the host, just click on the edit gear (in Classic) or the Manage Discussion link at the bottom of the thread. 

In Zeta forums, use the Manage Discussion gear at the top of the thread.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-12

Quick question CStar, I hope u don't mind me asking. I was wondering if your NOT the host in a forum is there a way to edit the subject line once you have seen a mistake that you made? If so how would one do that? Normally in my Forum people just ask me to do that for them or I will correct various typos when I see them as its easier but at times it just takes up to much of my time time so it would be nice if I could explain what they could do on their on. 

Thanks so much!

Sassy

Any staff member on a forum (Editor/Assistant/Host) can use Manage Discussion to edit the subject line. On Classic the link for that is below the discussion and beside the Promote Discussion link.

If the author of the first post in the discussions edits their post in CLASSIC they can also edit the subject line.

~Not Cstar :)

Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-14

ok If I'm understanding you correctly...

Chat Mods can't edit the subject line. Correct? Only those that are assistant managers or have editor or myself can edit the subject line other than the original poster.

The author can edit if they chose to do so. ( as long as the settings in the controls allow everyone to edit their posts. ) Correct?

I allow editing of posts in my Forum as you know but I

I was just curious if my chat mods could edit a subject line  or if I needed to give them editor in the controls. If I gave them editor in the controls? 

They could if I gave them editor in the Forums controls. Correct?

Thanks so much for all you do to help everyone!

Your the BEST!

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

They could if I gave them editor in the Forums controls. Correct?

Correct

Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-17

Awesome! Thank you so much Kid! 

Tc, (((love & hugs ))) Sassy