Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Classic Forums Design   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started May-2 by Gaelspirit; 339 views.
Gaelspirit

May-2

Hi...I have visited four forums today, two of my own, and two designed by others, and the lower half of the page graphics seem to have disappeared and show a generic color. Also at my own forum, the left side forum folders listing changes color when you scroll down to look at the different folders. Makes it very hard to read. They were fine this morning, and this afternoon I noticed a change.  Attached are two screen shots. 

Attachments
gunter

May-2

Sounds like the same problem happened here:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/service/messages?msg=53655.1

with a solution at the end?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Gaelspirit

May-2

Thanx for the link Gunter! I did find some errors in the back end, so I fixed those...waiting for the update to go thru before I check again. Thank you! :)

Edited to add....when I tried using Edge as a browser the left side scrollbar was fine, colors matched, etc...there is something different at the bottom of a message page, but I think I can figure that out. When I went back to Chrome tho, the darker color showed again when I scrolled down the folders, so I assuming it's a browser glitch on Delphi.?

gunter

May-2

Seems yo he happening with different browsers for some, not just Chrome?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Gaelspirit

May-2

I haven't tried Firefox, because I stopped using it when I decided I liked Chrome better. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-2

Gaelspirit said:

When I went back to Chrome tho, the darker color showed again when I scrolled down the folders, so I assuming it's a browser glitch on Delphi.?

It's a conflict with some style sheets and Chrome. Try a background colour that matches your background image better. Any of these ones would be light enough for you to read the discussion titles and blend with the background better. I used Color Cop to pull the colours from your image

#E8CFF8

#DCC4E8

#D7BEE6

You want to replace the dark purple #330066-  in your CSS

Gaelspirit

May-3

Perfect, thank you so much Kid! :)  Will work on it later this morning.  Edited to add...okay I changed that part, but I still lost the background image at the bottom of a thread. The top half has it, but by the time you get down to the last post in the thread it disappears and has a plain background. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-4

Yes it's doing it on many themed classic forums when viewed on Chrome. The background colour change was just to make it easier for you to read the titles.

Gaelspirit

May-4

The thing that was so weird to me was seeing it fine in the morning one day, and later same day it messed up. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-4

I think it might have been a Chrome update. I did not see the problem with Chrome and windows 7 when it was first reported here but now I do.