Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Folders Question   Basic Help for Hosts

Started May-11 by Stephierawx4; 189 views.
Stephierawx4

May-11

I am the new host for The Big Picture in Current Events.

The forum has an inactive private folder called Hosts. I don't know the original purpose of the private folder. It appears to be old forum threads that were archived. There are a few old threads about forum issues and outages. Some threads to test graphics and some are just endless bumping that is not allowed on my forum.

It is a lengthy folder and I don't want to take the chance of private conversations available to the public.

We have a private staff folder and we have a private archives folder.

How can I use this private folder as a public folder for another forum topic?

We have a forum member who requested a book folder. It could be combined with the arts and music.

Is it as simple as deleting the old folder and creating a new folder?

Any instructions appreciated.

This is my first time as a Host.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-11

Sorry folders cannot be deleted.

The host of a premium forum has access to a special tool that can delete 50 discussions at a time. They MUST be deleted oldest to newest though. If done wrong the folder can appear empty but still contain posts which threaten to LEAP back out of the shadows. lol

Instructions are here http://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=28081.5

Stephierawx4

May-11

Thanks. I'll review the threads to make sure they are not private moderation decisions. Two of us should be able to work on deleting them.

I have another question about crediting the writer. What is the proper procedure if a forum member wants to copy a paragraph form a Book?

I want to make sure we comply with copyright.

Stephierawx4

May-11

Can I get Premium? 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-11

Only the host has access to the tool I mentioned but your assistant can delete one discussion at a time. They still need to follow the oldest to newest rule.

Walt knows more about copyright - I’ll CC him - oops I forgot lol

I will bump to him 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-11

Can you answer her questions about copywrite please 

Stephierawx4

May-11

Thanks. I know Walt will give me the correct information.

WaltHowe
Staff

May-11

Copying a single short paragraph out of a book for purposes of discussion is usually OK under Fair Use considerations. Make sure you give credit to the source when you do it. Do not keep adding more quotes from the same source. At worst, Delphi could be asked to take it down.

See my page on copyright at http://www.walthowe.com/pubweb/copyright.html