Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Admin Kick/Ban Commands   Chat

Started May-11 by Kakes2; 109 views.
Kakes2

May-11

Hi gunter, my forum, Seniors Hideaway is a Classic Forum, however the majority of chatters and admins use zeta to chat. My question is about one of the Admin Commands Kick/Ban.  Under this command there are several choices, however two of the related to banning an chatter.  They are 1) Eject user from room and ban indefinitely and 2) Permanently lock this user our of this Forum.  If an  Admin ( regardless if they are Basic, Extra or Plus) clicks one of these choices,  does it lock the user of of the room and put a check mark on the users Priveldges box in the Controls? And if it does put a check in Controls , how long does it take to appear in controls? If it does not put a check mark in Controls ,  what is the purpose of these two commands when it does not actually do what it says?   I hope my example is clear and you have enough information for an answer.  Thank You :)

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

May-11

Kakes2 said:

Permanently lock this user our of this Forum.

This is the same as a lock out and the L shows immediately in Set Privileges.

1) Eject user from room and ban indefinitely, blocks members from entering a particular room, it doesn't show in Set Privileges. 

Are you saying it doesn't work for you?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kakes2

May-11

Well, I really don't know , because I guess I did not give the system a chance to update.  When one of my admins told me what they did I went into controls and check the box in Set Privileges. It  was not checked ......... time difference between when he did it and when I found out about it was about an hour. But now that I think of it I think he used Option 1 ,  eject user and ban indefinitely. That is why I was asking how long it takes.  So no matter the Delphi level of the Admin it will work the same for all?  Thanks for the information I think I got it now and can pass it on to the admins.   

Edited to ask............how do I reverse Option 1  ... eject user from room and ban indefinitely? 
Some people do make mistakes LOL  ...........again Thanks

• Edited May 11, 2018 8:26 pm  by  Kakes2
In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

May-11

/unban membername - allows a banned member to enter chat again

See Chat commands here:
http://www.delphiforums.com/support/chatFeatures.htm

In reply toRe: msg 4
Kakes2

May-11

Thank you, have a good weekend. :)