Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Problem with our "Font sizing"   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started May-12 by Paula (PaulaS44); 389 views.
Paula (PaulaS44)

May-12

Something is wrong with our forum. All of our postings have very small font's.  We have to set them at size "20" and then they are still very small letters.  And I see it is happening here too.   What I am writing here is with a size 16  that is normally larger than what I see here.  

This is a problem with everyone in our forum! 

What is going on?  And can you please get it fixed? 

gunter

May-12

There is some extra code in your message. When you enter a message do you switch fonts? 

Next time you post, first switch to Source on the editor toolbar and make sure nothing shows in the posting window, then switch back to normal.  Do the same after typing your message.

If it just started, also log out, clear browsing history and close the browser before coming back to take another look.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Paula (PaulaS44)

May-12

I will try that but it is happening to everyone here.  Now this is a size 16 and it looks right.  But what I posted here earlier was the tiny size. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Paula (PaulaS44)

May-17

I think I have solved the mystery of why my font and the font of some others on our forum was extra small  for a few days. 

In the upper right hand corner of your monitor there are three black dots. one on top of the other. If your look down to the 7th option there is a percentage sign %  that indicates the size of your text and  a real small plus and minus signs before and after it hat allow you to change it up or down.l  always keep mine on 125% 

It occured to me to check that, and be sure enough it was NOT set for 125%  but instead it was set for 90% !   So I clicked on the arrow on the right and moved it back up to 125  Now my text (letters and numbers show the way they used to in the correct size intead of being very tiny.

So the obvious question was how did that get changed from 125  to 90 and the only thing I can think of is that I had downloaded Skype . Skype had been sending me messages to allow them to  download the new version that supposedly "fixes problems" I had been putting it off untilI finally said ÖK" And I  am thinking that something in that Skype update changed my setting for the aize of my font with Crome. 

If  somebody has  allowed skpe to install a new version lately, and their text is showing really small,  they might want to check those three dots in the upper right hand corner of their  moniotor and see if it is set to the size they want.  

Paula 

gunter

May-17

Nice work figuring that out and something to remember!

thanks for the rest of the story ...

In reply toRe: msg 5
Paula (PaulaS44)

May-19

For your info  Gunter, notice the three black dots in the upper right hand corner are now a green circle. 

That is a very recent change.

Otherwise it has the same functions as the three black dots. did.