Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

More than one assistant   Basic Help for Hosts

Started May-26 by Stephierawx4; 889 views.
Msg 28271.1 deleted

On a Classic forum the assistant needs to have a Delphi Plus membership.

Msg 28271.3 and the next 1 deleted

Walt can you help her out? I think her member would be on the free month of Extra but wants the Plus plan, what can she do at this point?

The Plus plan is $49.50 (USD) per year. That gives her everything you have as far as membership perks as well as access to your controls. If that is what you want, lets let Walt tell you how to proceed.

Basic and Extra memberships can still edit/delete posts others make, assign restrictions on members (gag, ban etc), promote and manage discussions (rename, close, move or delete) without accessing the controls.

Here's a chart http://www.delphiforums.com/plans.ptt

WaltHowe
Staff

May-26

If she wants to switch to Plus instead of Extra, while in the trial period, whoever it is needs to cancel the Extra trial subscription, so it does not charge after 30 days, and then sign  up for Plus. She may be able to do it without staff help, but if she runs into any snags, we can help make it happen. It is more complicated if she is using PayPal, instead of a credit or debit card. PayPal subscriptions must be cancelled at PayPal, not in Delphi.

If she needs help, tell her to write to service@delphiforums.com from her registered email address and identifying her membername.

WaltHowe said:

If she wants to switch to Plus instead of Extra, while in the trial period, whoever it is needs to cancel the Extra trial subscription, so it does not charge after 30 days, and then sign up for Plus. She may be able to do it without staff help, but if she runs into any snags, we can help make it happen. It is more complicated if she is using PayPal, instead of a credit or debit card. PayPal subscriptions must be cancelled at PayPal, not in Delphi.

If she needs help, tell her to write to service@delphiforums.com from her registered email address and identifying her membername.

Wanted to make sure you saw this.

Oh and if you need help with showing and Editor on your forum how to access the things I mentioned in my other post just ask.

LizM321

May-27

I have my credit card info on my delphi account now. I don't see the charge in my paypal account. That's how the other membership was paid. Is It possible you can just charge the Delphi Plus Membership to my credit card and I'll have to call paypal to cancel the other. If I can't cancel, maybe I can gift the first paypal payment to a family friend who is using Delphi? Thanks.

WaltHowe
Staff

May-27

There is no charge yet, because you are on a 30-day free trial. It will not charge until the end of your 30 days.

If you would prefer for your credit card to be charged directly instead of PayPal, you need to cancel the PayPal subscription before the 30 days is up on June 24th. You do that by logging into your PayPal account and using their History tab to track down and cancel the subscription. You cannot cancel the PayPal subscription within Delphi.

If you do decide to switch to credit card payment, let us know, and we can switch you to Delphi payment, if you can assure us that the PayPal subscription is cancelled.