Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Change Forum Page   Basic Help for Hosts

Started 5/27/18 by Stephierawx4; 862 views.
Stephierawx4

5/27/18

Our staff would like to change the forum name to The Bigger Picture from The Big Picture.

We are concerned if it will change our web tag and if we may encounter any other problems.

Msg 28272.2 deleted
gunter

5/27/18

The webtag cannot be changed, the forum name can be changed at any time.

A forum lets you run 5 unique promos at a time, set how long each one runs and when one runs out, start a new one.

let us know how it goes ...

• Edited May 28, 2018 7:21 am  by  gunter
Msg 28272.4 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 3
Stephierawx4

5/28/18

My assistant changed the forum name. We like it.

I have a question about our forum ranking. Did the name change drop us down to #3 on the list?

The webtag remains the same but my assistant is worried the drop down at other forums isn't working. I checked one and it worked for me.

Thanks.

gunter

5/28/18

Changing the name wouldn't have caused a chenge in the listings, all the ways people used to get to the forum still work the same.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Stephierawx4

5/28/18

How do the ratings work? We have a forum above us that doesn't get the post count or traffic.

It is a good forum so I'm curious if we are doing something wrong. I'd like to grow the forum and reach the top. smile

gunter

5/28/18

It's mostly the message and discussion views, how many times pages were loaded. The exact formula is not public.

Markie (1markl78)

5/29/18

What do you mean by pages that are loaded?  The #2 forum has less messages and visitors than the other forums in the top 5.  Seems strange to see a forum with less messages an visitors reach #2.  Just asking.