Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why did they change the PM Format?   Community Feedback

Started 6/3/18 by Quirkiestroh (Quirk) (quirkiestroh); 2002 views.

Dear Hosts!
Why did they change the PM Format?  I was typing a message to a member and when I 
hit enter, it stopped my message and I could not edit it.  So I had to delete and start all over!
I don't like this format!

Quirkiestroh (Quirk)
http://forums.delphiforums.com/catfriends/start

The new PM format has no paragraphing. If you hit enter...then it will send what you've just typed. No idea if that's on a "fix list" or not.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

6/3/18

It's actually still buggy and frustrating. I have several PMs form several people last week (piled up and trying to reply to them all) and had to keep leaving the PM section and reloading the conversation. I could send the first PM no problem but not additional ones, even to a different member. I was using FF (latest) and Windows 10 (forced against my will upgrade) but others have also reported the same problem. I'd like to properly bug test this and send in a report.

However I'm currently living inside a tornado... if I can ground myself for a bit this week I'd like to further test this. If you suddenly receive PMs from various Magnets you will know why.

CC to gunterWaltHowe
Kid (Kidmagnet)

6/3/18

Lord I hope so.

Typical PM convo (new PMs 4)

*Hi I was wondering how you are. I hope you are well and

*Dammit! I hit enter by mistake and it sent! Anyway

*SHOOT! I just did it again.

*Arrrggggggg!!!!!

After which is a long block of text describing the problems one is having.

I've also found, in a PM discussion, that when I reply and get back a reply to that...I'm locked up...I can no longer reply unless I log out of the conversation, log out of Delphi Forums, log back in then open up the conversation again.

I no longer do PMs. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

6/4/18

It was yours and Julea's reports that I was thinking of. I don't usually do more than on PM at a time but lately I've been off line more and things piled up.

Thanks for your reply.  I do not like this new format at all.  Quirk

Kid (Kidmagnet)

6/4/18

The Zookeeper™ (B0UNTYMAN) said:

I've also found, in a PM discussion, that when I reply and get back a reply to that...I'm locked up...I can no longer reply unless I log out of the conversation, log out of Delphi Forums, log back in then open up the conversation again.

This is with Firefox- correct?

It is...FF version 56.0 with these add-ons...

Kid (Kidmagnet)

6/4/18

The only one we have in common is ABP which I have disabled for this site (Delphi) so... hmmmm