Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sudden onset of color change on all fields   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jun-23 by yogacat; 1251 views.
yogacat

Jun-23

An iPad and an iMac user have reported sudden onset of all fields changing to a medium blue color. (No one who uses a PC has reported this problem so far. ) Basically everything looks like it has been selected. The problem is intermittent. Neither user knows what was done immediately before and cannot reproduce at will.  Rebooting Safari doesn't help. Rebooting the device itself doesn't help.  It goes away - apparently on its own.  We are using the standard blue template on Zeta.  I have included a screen shot below.  The acid green is my change to redact text and member names since it it a private forum.  Most of that blue would normally be white.

Any ideas on what may be  causing this?

gunter

Jun-23

Did this start just now and does it continue, only in that forum you know of? It could be something not loading completely. There may have been some connectivity issues at that time.

If possible, also check with another browser, firefox and chrome work best with the forums.

In reply toRe: msg 2
yogacat

Jun-23

The problem dates back to 26 May.  I initially assumed it was a single user's video driver or graphics card.  Now we have a second user.  At this point I think the problem is an interaction with Apple products.   I'll ask them if they are willing to try Firefox or Chrome for a while.

On Friday 21 June, I had more than one item highlighted on the left navigation area without meaning to.  I have a Lenovo all-in-one with a touch screen and was using Firefox or Opera.  So far, that's just a data point for timeline in case it recurs. 

gunter

Jun-23

Haven't seen other reports so far. I take it the forum is Private?

In reply toRe: msg 4
yogacat

Jun-24

Yes, the forum is private.  The initial users were using Firefox and Chrome.  Waswriter encountered the problem this morning using Safari.  A full screenshot is available.  Looks like a problem loading a delphi template.  As far as I know, we don't have any custom templates, but waswriter has been around longer. CC'ing waswriter to provide supporting materials that make a template a suspect.  

In reply toRe: msg 4

Yes, it's a private forum, but AFAIK the only change to the template has been the addition of a header photo when the forum started.

I also encountered this for the first time today on a mac using safari. It appeared to me that the template was not loading properly. Clearing the cache brought things back to normal. 

@showtalk and I had a problem like that with Zeta a year or two ago. Firefox and a slow loading page we thought then. If the header photo is a large file size it could be causing the slowdown with the page loading. You could change it or use an optimizer to reduce the file size without reducing the physical size.

Showtalk
Staff

Jun-24

I also had a forced color change a few weeks ago a public forum with a lot of private folders.  I was using Safari at the time.  I told Gunter and an hour later it was fixed.  He has magical powers or it was glitched and fixed itself.

• Edited June 24, 2018 10:02 pm  by  Showtalk

Here are screenshots. I thought the PM color was particularly suggestive, but unfortunately I wasn't running any debugging at the time, so I don't have anything useful from the code. I'll try to keep the developer tools enabled when visiting this site from now on. 

The red is redaction, incidentally.

In reply toRe: msg 9

Hmm only one file seems to have attached. Here's the other