Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How do I begin to host a forum and change start page   Welcome / Start Page

Started Jul-4 by SKOOTERBIRD (born2paint); 371 views.

I am totally lost. I have the old photos and names on the start up page and I am trying to revamp the page under my name now, so any help on what I can do would be much appreciated......I do not find much help on Delphi for newbies......Pat

gunter

Jul-4

Is this
http://forums.delphiforums.com/IB_Paintin/

I assume you do have the Controls tab in the forum and then click on Forum Customization and Start Page.  You can edit the page there, change the text, remove/add images. Press Update.

chrome, firefox and edge work best in the forums.

let us know where you run into problems ...

In reply toRe: msg 2

Hi Gunter .  Thank you for your fast reply.  I do have the controls tab and found the part to change the text etc, but have another issue now...

The old moderators images etc I can delete them, but found out now that I can not use JPEG images to add my own photos to the start page...So I wonder do you know of some free software that I can use to convert these files to Vector, HTML etc that it seems I must  do in order to use them on the page?  I honestly have no idea about these things, but will do my best to learn what I need to know.   So any help would be appreciated....   Can I ask you one more thing please Gunter, and is it possible for me to change the name of this forum to a new name or must I open a whole new Delphi forum if I decide I do not want to use the old name .  If I can change them name, it will still be covering the same things, that will not change?

Glen (GEAATL)

Jul-5

You can change the name "Painting for Fun & Profit--PFFP" to anything in controls.  (You can't change the webtag of IB_Paintin which is part of the url).  If you're in controls in classic, look for main settings, then Forum Name
Select a name for your Forum. This name will appear at the top of your Forum message board and also in the main Forums index.

It can also be changed in Zeta mode.

gunter

Jul-5

SKOOTERBIRD (born2paint) said:

The old moderators images etc I can delete them, but found out now that I can not use JPEG images to add my own photos to the start page...So I wonder do you know of some free software that I can use to convert these files to Vector, HTML etc that it seems I must do in order to use them on the page?

Any image file will work. What happens when you add a .jpg ?

In reply toRe: msg 5

Hi Gunter....I know that JPEG will work for an attachment in the body of a post or reply, but I thought I read on the home page to add any images to the top of it when I welcome members  to PFFP that any images must be in Vector or HTML format...So I never gave it a go, as I do not know how to do that....So am I wrong in my thinking  that I can NOT  post JPEG images there?  I hope  I am wrong, so I have one less thing  on my list of things to learn......LOL

I also tried to click on the show my forum using Zeta and it will not click over and then I tried  to just click on the upgrade to Zeta mode and still it will not let me click on it..... Is there a reason why this would be like this?  Thanks in advance for any help or advice...Pat

I am not sure what it means re the url....but am I to understand that if I change just the name, people can still find PFFP through the old webtag url still, even though I have changed its name?  I am worried if I do change the name of the forum then members will not find it anymore ....Pat

WaltHowe
Staff

Jul-5

JPEG will work fine for header pictures in a Zeta forum. You do not need vector images anywhere, and they are not supported everywhere yet. HTML refers to the code used to set up pages, not a graphic format. While you can use HTML and CSS for further customization, if you have the skills, you do not need to use them at all.

To switch your forum to Zeta, look at the top section of your Controls for the "Upgrade to Zeta mode" button. It should work.

gunter

Jul-5

I see Walt got it to Zeta. 

The Welcome Page  is under Content/Roles in Controls.

Check the editor toolbar there for adding images, text etc. 

Is that there for you?

let us know how it goes ...

I log  out of PFFP and it still shows the old look when I sign back in.   I can not change it to ZETA at all....I got to the page in control and it says to change it to Zeta and it does not work...

it shows me this but I can not click on the upgrade to Zeta Mode through this link.. or will the link work to show me what it looks like in a preview

This forum is currently running in Classic Mode.

I can not click on this link....Upgrade to Zeta Mode