Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat room being held hostage by TROLL   Chat

Started 11/6/18 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 2000 views.
In reply toRe: msg 20
Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/24/18

Well, that's enough genius-ing for one night. joy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/24/18

The posts are held for my approval, until they are given voice~ there is no set time for them to be released until I apporoved them~ they are held in moderation until then. I don't see where you are showing me these other setting Cstar are they in the controls for my forum or where?

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/24/18

chat is closed now and will not be re-opened until 7:00PM Eastern time tomorrow evening. I posted  to you in the staff folder at *Hearts*. I do not think it is alphabetical but of course I am always wrong! LOL I really wanted the Animal Trivia with a bot to log it but not at the expense of re-doing all the chat rooms that are already finished and being used for many years now in the order that they are currently in. I don't want to ask anyone to redo everything for just the Animal Trivia Chat so the rooms don't change their positions. ( I don't care if the 2 games rooms are under each other however ) as long as the rest of the chat rooms remain in their current positions if that makes any sense? LOL

Love ya, (((love&hugs)))

Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/24/18

Yes of course it makes sense! relaxed

I’m fairly confident I can add your animal trivia room without it listing first. 

I’ve logged off the computer for the night though so will give it a go tomorrow. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/24/18

Cstar means in the chat room itself. Are you chatting with the default Zeta or do you use Java, Jabber or something else? (If all you do is click on the room name - you are using Zeta) 

I’m on mobile - it might look different on desktop so I’ll screen shoot it tomorrow for you if it does.

I can place the main room on moderation for you if you like. 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/25/18

My Forum is in classic view~ I believe we are using the default chat because we simply click on the rooms names as we have always done for 19 years now. We use to have to click to view the chat room in zeta however.

WHERE do I find these settings for the chat room that Cstar showed me the screen shot of? I looked under chat in the controls and I looked in the actual chat room but I sure don't see them any place lol but then I'm blind as a bat

Thank you so very much for getting the chat room locations all fixed back where they should have been. What happened to cause the problem so next time I can fix it myself and don't have to bug you with it LOL

Sassy

web tag comfortplace

*Hearts That Hear* Mental Health Support

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/25/18

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

WHERE do I find these settings for the chat room that Cstar showed me the screen shot of?

While you are in the chatroom look to the right of the chat room's name and you will see the gear icon, click that.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

11/25/18

Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

Thank you so very much for getting the chat room locations all fixed back where they should have been. What happened to cause the problem so next time I can fix it myself and don't have to bug you with it LOL

I just redid the room making sure to use a name that followed Main in the alphabet. In this case Trivia.

You are never bugging me (and I do indeed love bugs so no problemo!)

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/25/18

For pete's sake NOW I see it! ( so embarrassing ) Thanks Kid~ Your the best!

(((love&hugs)))

Sassy

Sassy (MrsSassy)

11/25/18

So it IS alphabetical like you thought and Gunter was incorrect. Now that doesn't happen very often! LOL

Thanks again!

(((love&hugs)))

Sassy