Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Private Folders   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Dec-1 by Glyn (Settler73); 98 views.
Glyn (Settler73)

Dec-1

To whom it may concern,

I've recently created a new forum and would like to know how I make a private folder. Thanks and have a great day!

~Glyn~

gunter

Dec-1

DelphiPlus Hosts can set folders so that only some members have access. Look in Controls, Content and Roles, Manage Folders. Edit specific folders and set Read Access to Some Members

After that  click on a member's name to open the Profile, or find the name in Set Privileges. When looking at Set Privileges of a member it will list the limited access folders to check off for access. Make sure that's set for yourself as well. 

When making changes in folders it may take logging out, closing browser, before coming back to see changes.

let us know how it goes ...

EDIT: Already answered.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Glyn (Settler73)

Dec-1

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for helping me with this. I'm not sure if I did it right or not? Here's the link to my forum.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/asperdude/start

gunter

Dec-1

I see two folders set to Some Members, and you have access to those.  No one else has access so far?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-1

Hello! And welcome back and sorry to butt into your thread. I'll catch up with you on your forum or where ever we might run to one another.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Glyn (Settler73)

Dec-1

Yes I do and no one else for now. Just started forum not too long ago. 

Glyn (Settler73)

Dec-1

Thanks Kid and no worries. Just re-acclimating myself here again. Just started my forum a few days ago. It's great to see you again as well!