Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Long time member can't enter the Forum nor post   Everything Else

Started 1/14/19 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 339 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/14/19

Gunter I have a long time member that says she can't enter My Forum nor post. I've double checked in my Controls and everything seems to be OK. She has voice and has access to some of our Private folders yet the problem persists. I went back thru the change log to see if somehow she was accidentally locked out by anyone on staff when I was in the hospital but I see NOTHING.

Her member name is VCROOO. She joined my Forum MANY years ago and it would sure be nice to get this problem corrected for her.

I do recall that she use to have some pretty flashy sigs and it did cause some issues for some of my members that have epilepsy. ( flashing blinking sigs bring on seizures for some people so we don't allow them in posts. )  MAYBE the reason for her not to be able to post could be hidden in the coding because she said in her pm to me that she "waits" for the post to show up and it never does"  but I would have no clue about that as it was put in there by someone far more knowledgeable than I am for sure! LOL She is aware of the rules concerning sigs so I don't really think that is an issue but if you could look at it I sure would appreciate it. ( My Forum is on Full Moderation however~ there is no post time limit for those that are granted voice which she does have. ) I also have NEVER had any of her posts end up in the controls for my approval for any  reason if that matters at all. I'm guessing she must be able to actually get in the Forum at least some of the time due to the fact she said: "she posts and then waits for it to go thru, it never does so she goes" so I'm not really sure what the issue could be with that.

Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated by both of us.

Thanks so much!

Sassy

*Hearts* That Hear Mental Health Support  ( web tag: comfortplace )

This might be on Sally’s end. I posted her a link to your forum in her own forums staff folder. 

gunter

1/14/19

Don't see anything off other than she hasn't entered your forum at all since July. Not being able to enter the forum doesn't go with waiting for posts to show unless that was back then before you gave Voice?

Suggest using the link to your forum on her MyForums page, or

https://forums.delphiforums.com/ComfortPlace

Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/16/19

Thanks  Kid, I appreciate everything that you for *Hearts* members/staff/and of course myself!

(((((((((((((Hugs&Love))))))))))))

Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 3
Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/16/19

I think Kid did that already for me but thank you for your suggestion. The REASON she hasn't come is because she keeps getting the message that everyone sees when they are locked out of a Forum. However she said she has tried to post so she had to be able to get in because she tried to post, so I'm lost also. Hopefully the problem is resolved if she keeps on having problems I will come back.

Thanks for your suggestion however!

TC Sassy