Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spammer/Troll   Administrative Issues

Started 1/18/19 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 468 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/18/19

I have a Spammer/Troll who is posting messages one after the other that simply say I. My Forum is on Full Moderation so the posts are being caught, however it is taking me quite a lot of my time denying all of his posts. Time that I would rather spend attending to my members and my Forum.

So my question is~ do I need to deny his posts or can I simply leave them sit in Moderation Que? I don't know if that section only holds a certain number of posts and I sure don't want new members posts to be lost due to limited space.

Thank you!

Sassy

Sassy lock that guy out - he's RATING your posts with his 1 and +1 replies. Definitely a troll and there's no need for him to be wasting your time

In reply toRe: msg 1
Sassy (MrsSassy) said:

So my question is~ do I need to deny his posts or can I simply leave them sit in Moderation Que? I don't know if that section only holds a certain number of posts and I sure don't want new members posts to be lost due to limited space.

OOOOOooo I am interested in that too! Let me know if there is an answer before my curiosity gets the best of me and I attempt a test lol

gunter

1/19/19

Don't know if there is a limit, I've seen pages and pages of waiting messages. Do lock put.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/22/19

My question is what happens to posts that are denied? I don't want him knowing that his posts are never making it to my message board. Does Delphi send him a notice telling him that his posts where denied? ( If so that's of no help )

He wasn't rating my post but was rating one of my staff members posts.  However that doesn't matter to me because all that is posted in my Forum I consider to be of GREAT value to some one some where!  Also I have it so people can not rate posts in my Forum so I'm guessing~ he simply doing that by posting as a reply to the original post and it gets caught in the filter since my Forum is on Full Moderation until I give people voice. ( Love that feature by the way LOL )

As always your a wealth of information and of GREAT help to me!

Take good care my friend! (((love&hugs)))

Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/22/19

Already done! Kid gives  great advice and so do you!

Thanks,

Sassy

Post that are denied are deleted, the poster does not receive any messages. This "person" signed on that day to a number of forums and posted the 1 or +1 rating. I doubt they even read the posts, I only know that means they were "rating" your posts because a while back under another ID he explained what and why he was doing so (responding with a numbered rating) which did not actually make any sense but then again I was reading with a logical mind lol

I'd deny the posts to clear the mod queue of them.

Sassy (MrsSassy)

1/24/19

I deleted ALL of his posts from the moderation queue!  I just wanted to thank you for letting me know what Delphi's process for dealing with denied posts is. That was really all I needed to know, and as always you gave me the correct answers!

((((love&hugs))))

Sassy

web tag: comfortplace

You're (as always) very welcome Sassy!