Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Uploading rar. to my group   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Mar-6 by GGmother-Ellen (elleng4044); 531 views.

Everytime I want to upload a .rar I am told it's too big.....what is the maximum size I can send????

The Forum is 

THANKS

ELLEN

gunter

Mar-6

Not sure about the limit, 3 to 4Megs, even more  should work.  How large is the file?

The system shows you have used most of your 100Meg attachment space which may be the problem. Check Manage Attachments on your MyForums page to see how much space you have and if you can make room by removing attachments from old messages.

In reply toRe: msg 2

I don't understand.....I have attached what I am told on that page and using 8 % doesn't sound like I am even near my limit....????? I was trying to upload 6.94 MB to answer your question.

Thank you gunter

EDIT: and I see 3 attachments I can not delete..2 fro 2018 and 1 from 2017..can you????

gunter

Mar-7

I've reset your space, try attaching now.

What happens with the ones you can't delete, does the link take you to the message? It shouldn't make a difference since you now have plenty of space.

In reply toRe: msg 4

THANK YOU! and, I will go try in a minute.

When I click it tells me it is not available, I believe the forum has been closed or archived...so I can't get to it. Hope that helps you...

Heading over to try uploading and thanks so much for your help!!!!

Ellen

In reply toRe: msg 4

I just tried to upload it again, but got the same message.....and it did not load....I am going to logout, and log back in again, just to see if that helps....will let you know.

Ellen

EDIT! Well, I logged out, then logged in and that didn't help....sooooo

gunter

Mar-7

Try some small file as a test yhat uploads are working for you.

The seven megs does seems be too large for one upload.

In any case, can't do anythig about the stuck attachments at present, please ignore.

In reply toRe: msg 7

With 452 KB it worked great...now to figure out how to split that other one into separate Zips....have no idea how, but bet I figure it out:-)

As for the stuck attachments, no problem......but sure thank you for all your help!!!!

heavn

Mar-16

Hi Ellen,

When I want to put graphics in a message, and one of them is super large (which, to me I am considering to be 1MB)  I put that graphic, with a few words, post it, and come back to it. The way I continue writing my message is by clicking on "Reply", and write more there.  Otherwise the rest of my message might not have shown. It might have been truncated.

Something 6MB...   I don't know if you are going to be able for that to be able to post.

heavn

Mar-16

Hi again Ellen,

You can put images into your messages without using ANY of your attachment space!

If you have a picture in your computer to share in a message, for example... try this

Find that little "square" icon up there to click on. It's for attaching your pictures withOUT using your attachment space!!
The words "From my computer" and "From the web"  pop up, and you choose.

It works with animated gifs, too!