Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Socks   Administrative Issues

Started May-1 by Leah (muppetmel1); 353 views.
Leah (muppetmel1)

May-1

Hi Gunter,

I am being accused of being a sock that is serial spamming a forum. The one accusing me is a self-admitted user of many different socks. I would like to prove once and for all that I'm not the spamming sock. I believe you can tell from IP addresses if a poster is using multiple socks. Is this the case? Is there any way I can prove that I'm not that spammer who is probably going to be booted for his activities. I asked the accuser to check with TOS Delphi whether I am that spammer or not, but he won't for obvious reasons. Namely, he's worried he will be busted as the trolling sock that he is. If you need to know the forum, I would rather PM to you than post it publicly.

gunter

May-1

Leah (muppetmel1) said:

I would like to prove once and for all that I'm not the spamming sock.

Can't do that. Socks know how to change IPs at will.  It's best to ignore, or laugh at people, or say you are indeed ... so what?

Names and details of disputes are inappropriate here. You can email service@delphiforums.com if needed.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Leah (muppetmel1)

May-1

gunter said...

Leah (muppetmel1) said:

I would like to prove once and for all that I'm not the spamming sock.

Can't do that. Socks know how to change IPs at will.  It's best to ignore, or laugh at people, or say you are indeed ... so what?

Names and details of disputes are inappropriate here. You can email service@delphiforums.com if needed.

No, it's okay and thanks for the response. I guess I just have to ignore people like that. Such a shame though. They make the Delphi experience so much less than it could be.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-1

Don't let the jerks get to you - it's just a bully tactic.

janettims

May-2

Don't worry, I was accused of the same thing but gradually my accusers died or moved on to bothering other people.