Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat not working   Chat

Started May-2 by Akaysha; 196 views.
Akaysha

May-2

Hi.   When I open up the chat box I am almost immediately knocked out and a message comes up saying to disable my AD blocker.  I have not added a AD  blocker and it was working fine yesterday.  I cannot stay in chat more than a few seconds.  Any ideas?

Thank you, Akaysha

• Edited May 2, 2019 8:00 pm  by  Akaysha
gunter

May-2

The system shows you switching between browsers, do any make a difference? Try firefox and chrome which have the best reports.

Since this worked before, there may have been an update which activated the ad blocker, check Settings in your browsers and antivirus.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Akaysha

May-2

Hi Gunter.   Yes,  have switched between 3 browsers and my phone to see if any worked.  Of course my phone works.  I have run virus scans, CCcleaner,  fragmented, cleaned up  disks and nothing has helped.  I did check settings and can't see anything about Ad blockers.  I am baffled.  

gunter

May-2

It's a puzzle. Since it's happening with different browsers it would indicate the block is with your antivirus program ... or some toolbar or other recently added or updated program, especially since it works with another device? In CCleaner check Tools, click on Install Date two times to get the latest updates on top.

Also try another room if you have been trying the same one ... pick one here just as a test

https://forums.delphiforums.com/olt/chat

• Edited May 2, 2019 9:52 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 4
Akaysha

May-2

Hi again.   I have Avast Antivirus and went through the whole program and see nothing about Ad blockers.  I cannot find anything on the browsers.   I tried the chat you recommmended and cannot stay in there either.  I had automatic updates on CCleaner.  

What about pop up blocker? When it blocked the chat applet from opening look to see if there’s an icon on your screen that mentions a blocked script/window or something. Clicking that might let you allow Delphiforums in