Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stuck nick   Chat

Started Jul-1 by isabella555; 508 views.
isabella555

Jul-1

I have a nick, VicNep3 that has been in the room since 12.56 am, 6/30/2019. At 12.57am, VicNep3_2 arrived. Usually Vic talks and plays trivia for a while, but there has been nothing from him since he came in. We have tried to kick the nicks but we get the message NoUser. Just wondering if it is a glitch? At 4.50 am, 7/1/2109, VicNep3_3 arrived. Tried kicking again, still get the same message, NoUser. It is now 5.19am. Any help about what to do is appreciated. Thanks.

gunter

Jul-1

Normally stuck names disappear when the chat server reboots which is not a scheduled event.

I'll check with tech.

Msg 28565.3 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 2
isabella555

Jul-1

Thanks gunter, we haven't come across the message 'NoUser' before.

You can probably delete the room and then just reopen one with the same name.

gunter

Jul-1

A ghostee nick likeVicNep3_2 would give 'no such user' since that is VicNep3 with the tail added by the system after the member tries logging in again when the original is hung. If you're in contact with the member, suggest logging out, rebooting, as well.

The Kid's suggestion of deleting the room and starting up again may be quickest.

In reply toRe: msg 6
isabella555

Jul-2

Hi gunter and kid, thank you both for the help. We get the 'NoUser' message with all of the VicNep3 nicks, we haven't come across it before and have been able to kick nicks with tails in the past. He hasn't replied to us in the room, I will try a pm. If I deleted the room, I would imagine my trivia would be deleted also? Is there no way someone on delphi staff can remove him/them? Thanks again.

Good point, yes the bot would reset after re-enabling it. It’s the Delphi one? 

Hopefully the member replies and logs out. 

isabella555

Jul-2

Hi kid, the trivia isn't the delphi one. I have sent a message to Vic, he was recently on the visitor's list but didn't enter the room nor reply to the message.

Oh yeah, don't delete the room in that case!