Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't remove someone Technical problem   Chat

Started Jul-14 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 797 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-21

Just to clarify~ Magdalena_Tx   is using a Dell Lap top running Windows 10, updated automatically. She "prefers"  Chrome over Firefox its as simply as that. However anytime she accidentally forgets to change her Browser over to Firefox before she enters Delphi, she constantly has all of the above mentioned problems in my previous posts here. It has gotten to the point that I KNOW what browser she is using even though I'm over 2,500 miles away from her location! I can tell based on the issues she has using Chrome as her Browser so I will remind her that she MUST use Firefox verses Chrome so she can participate on Delphi Forums. She like MOST of my Forums members all pay for Delphi Plus the least they should be able to do is use a popular Browser like Chrome on Delphi in my opinion for what's that worth to anyone.

Thanks, Sassy

gunter

Jul-21

Reports have been noted. Suggest members  post here with details of what happens when they run into trouble so tech can get a precise description.

sorry this continues being a problem for some members ...

WaltHowe
Staff

Jul-22

It might be useful to know if the computers having trouble are older ones. Some people run the Chrome browser without any problems, and identifying the key differences may not be easy.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-22

I'm editing my comment as I've been doing some digging around . 

See if Lena or the others are running anything that prevents pop ups or scripts. I know she is Plus but many still run script or ad blockers. 

I've been on Chrome all night and in chat, posting on the forums etc without issue. I asked at another busy chat forum about Chrome and many use it just fine. So it's likely some additional security preventing things from working correctly. The editor not loading is often to do with the speed at which the page loads. If it is too slow the editor does not load at all. 

Ghosting in chat has been a now and then problem since Zeta chat was released. anyone having two nicks in the room is not actually in the room twice. The second one USUALLY goes away but now and then can become stuck. Try as I might I could not "ghost" myself but it has happened to me in the past, usually when the chat server was bogged down. 

Showtalk
Staff

Jul-22

I have a somewhat older computer and was able to add Chrome but I did it a few years ago when I switched to Windows 10.  I rarely use it, though.  When I do, it works fine.

• Edited July 22, 2019 3:58 pm  by  Showtalk
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

Actually the main problems are ones that have already been reported again and again. This is especially troublesome for moderators.

While chatting with Chrome works fine, clicking on profiles eventually (and it's random, sometimes its the first profile, sometimes I can check 3-4) the Who's On list drops between the chat viewing area and the line where you enter text. For some that line disappears altogether. The only way to correct the problem is to refresh chat which is not very desirable for a moderator and disrupts chat (Sassy's chats are of the support nature, losing everything someone has just told you is not very supportive)

The other problem (so far) is trying to access the profiles at the bottom of a long list of chatters. This is a problem for all browsers and another that has been reported often and for a long time. For a mod it again means they need to navigate away from the chatroom to check the profile on the forum. While they can maintain their chat dialog, it's time consuming to scroll back and frustrating to the members who are in conversation with the mod. The member having this problem suggested a scroll bar be added to the Who's On area if possible.

Thanks, I'll let you know if I run into or hear of other issues. Chatters are not happy to come in to discuss, but if I can recreate the problems I will let you know.

CC to gunter
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-24

So there is a scroll bar and I can repositioning the Who's On list by going to full screen and back. (scratches head) 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-27

I will be more than happy to ask and report that  information back to you Walt. Thank you

Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 13
Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-29

Chromebook- 3 years old (Windows 10, current updates, No firewall)

Acer Chromebook- 2 years old (Windows 10, current updates, No firewall)

Dell Latittude 1 year old (Windows 10, current updates , No firewall)

" 2" Inspirion" 15 5000 Series (Windows 10, current updates , No firewall)

None have add blockers turned on