Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bot Message   Chat

Started Jul-22 by PlezHer; 421 views.
PlezHer

Jul-22

The b0t message when someone comes in the room it says Welcome nick, I thought the nick was suppose to change automatically to the person coming in the room but it doesn't is there a way to correct that.

gunter

Jul-22

The Welcome bot does say the name where I can check.  Where is this happening ... the forum and the room ?

In reply toRe: msg 2
PlezHer

Jul-23

When people enter the room

In reply toRe: msg 3
PlezHer

Jul-23

ThePeoplesChoice room

gunter

Jul-23

I meant where is this happening, which forum.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-23

Check in you forum Controls under Chat and clicking Settings for that room - what did you enter for the personalized greeting? 

PlezHer

Jul-23

I didnt enter anything the way I read the Welcome message it appeared it would auto put the nick in.  The message you posted from the room the Whisper fro Bot 53 say Welcome Nick It doesnt say the nick it is whispering the welcome to. not sure if I should or if im able to delete that.  Im not at my computer for chat room and wont be until this evening. I will check it out again this evening.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-23

If it’s not the personalized message - just remove the bot and reinstall. 

I don’t think you’d need to delete the room. 

As it is now it is greeting me by my name - the second message is from the personalize section.