Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thinking of a Chat Room...   Chat

Started Sep-14 by The Zookeeper (B0UNTYMAN); 262 views.

Thinking of doing Chat...but from all the posted "problems", I'm a bit hesitant! My members won't tolerate glitches on this. First thing I'll get when stuff goes south is "F this, Bounty"...so I'd like to call on the "knowing" for some guidance to keep that from happening. I know squat about Chat!

Anybody?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-14

I usually chat at Seniors Hideaway and they don't seem to have problems and if they do one of their members comes in personally and reports it. I'm not sure why Sassy's (Hearts that Hear) members have more issues than others.

I do know there are a few quirks and work arounds from a monitors point of view, but I think yours would be a more closed kind of chat with just a few of your members attending so you'd really not be effected by the quirks that hit certain browsers in busier (more crowded) rooms.

If your members are not currently chatters they might not warm to the idea though. We've tried them at coffee Shop Gossip and aside from the time zone factor most people like to take time with their online words and construct sentences etc

That said, its pretty straight forward to open a room and you can poke around in there with one or two people to get the feel for it.

Yeah, none of us "chat".

"most people like to take time with their online words and construct sentences etc."

That'd be me...and probably the rest of my following. Good point.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-14

Well I have a forum with 52 chat rooms if you want to try.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-14

One room a week?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-14

No, two for each letter of the alphabet (each have people type names) I think there was a problem with chatrooms indexing and I was testing the fix...? I forget.