Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Issues with private messages   Everything Else

Started Feb-11 by queenlightning; 241 views.
queenlightning

Feb-11

Hi I am the owner of bifemlounge. I have some chatters complaining that when chatters try to message them and they are not on their friends list they are receiving a jabber error message. Can you tell me so I can tell my chatters what they need to due to fix it. Thank you for attention in this matter.

Kidmagnet

Feb-11

Hi there! 
They need to change a preference in their (Delphi) Preferences.

Delphi has removed the ability for members to email through their system so this preference only refers to Private Messages now.  
You can copy and paste my message including photo to your own forum 

queenlightning

Feb-11

Thank you so much for your help kidmagnet.

In Classic View...it seems this image has been corrupted. Sweet_Blondeqieen.gif

A .gif, or "jiff" image file is usually a compilation of frames making the image file somewhat animated. Here's a screenshot of your image file opened in PSP 7  Animation. 4 of the 5 frames have been corrupted.

queenlightning

Feb-11

hmm.. what do I need to due to fix it?

I'm not quite sure if this image was meant to be animated or not. Some .GIFs are not animated. The Graphics Interchange Format was brought to the stage by Compuserve about 32 years ago. Surprising it's survived. Anyway...

Somewhere you have the original Sweet_Blondeqieen.gif image file stored. That file may be animated...I have no idea. Try and find it, post it here and we'll take a look-see what we can do. If that file is still corrupted...I've pulled Frame:1 from the 5 Frames of your .GIF image and you can save it...then use it to replace the corrupted file you're now using. That work for you?

[edited for speling]

queenlightning

Feb-11

Thanks it is working perfectly know.