Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Returning Host   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Feb-27 by gunter; 308 views.
gunter

Feb-27

moved here:

1:53 AM

Hello there...

I've recently returned to Delphi after a long absence.  While I was gone, my account dropped to Basic, and my (few) owned forums followed suit.  My graphics are seriously messed up, due to some issue(?) with Photobucket, as well as my drop in status.  I suppose that I no longer have access to the files that were stored here - do they even still exist after 4 years?  Am I correct in figuring that the web storage is a feature open to Plus accounts only?  I am thinking of upgrading, and I want to gather all the facts before I do.  

Thanks,

~Kat~

Oh, I forgot: I did have some host-related questions as well.  Am I correct in remembering that forums owned by Basic members go private when the account drops from Plus?  No one other than the host can enter?

gunter

Feb-27

Good to see you back.

Photobucket did change, I think you need to pay now to get full service.

As far as Files here after years, can't tell if they're still there until you upgrade ... they showed for some people in the past but after 4 years that's not a given.   DelphiPlus gets 100Megs, DelphiExtra has 50Megs now.

It takes a DelphiPlus membership to have working Private forums; when a Host drops DelphiPlus their Private forums no longer allow access to members.  In non-private forums  premium options like folder access, coloring, chat, disappear. DelphiBasic members have  forums minus those options.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
=^..^= (Katbytes1)

Feb-28

Thanks    :)

I have a lot to consider.  I suppose I can go up to Extra and see how the graphics work.  I figure I can go on to Plus later if I feel the need.  I'll do the half-way upgrade and see what effect it has on graphics and forums.  One of them wasn't private when I left.  I have a friend who loves to experiment with Delphi.  I'll ask her to help me check on its status.  I forgot I had that forum: the host was leaving, and signed it over to me.  It dropped off of my owned forums' list, although I am listed as the host on the start page.  I found it while surfing when I returned.   ::embarrassed grin::  

Oh, I forgot to ask: when you mentioned folder access...does that mean that whatever folders were limited access stayed that way?  No changes to the members who had access at the time can be made (either by addition or subtraction)?

gunter

Feb-28

https://forums.delphiforums.com/myaccount will let you upgrade from DelphiExtra to DelphiPlus at any time, automatically crediting unused DelphiExtra, so that is one way to go. 

re owned forum not showing ... Look in Controls, Main Settings, Forum Ownership, Confirm and Submit your name there to have it showing under hosted forums on your list. Needs to be with forum set to Classic. Let me know if that doesn't  work for you.

Existing limited access settings cannot be changed when the Host is off DelphiPlus.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-28

Is she already Advanced? I was able to make her an assistant plus her profile shows a guest book.

gunter

Feb-28

No ... that's strange.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-28

It was Classic but private. I don't know if she sees the controls but I saw the option to make her assistant.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-29

OK so I don't think she's actually an assistant - it's the bug where it shows that option when you click Set Privilege from the mini profile. In Controls I can only see editor on her screen.