Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't change his member name to the correct nick name   Chat

Started May-2 by Sassy (MrsSassy); 274 views.
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-2

Gunter, I have a staff member dstone311 that has Delphi Plus thru July and he is able to change his member name to anything other than the nick name that he normally uses which is "Dave" he CAN change his member name to "Dave 1" or anything else that he wants to but just not "Dave" which he has been doing for almost a year with zero problems! I logged the issue in the chat room this evening if you don't believe us your certainly welcome to check the chat log. web tag comfortplace

He is using an ipad and has been since day one with no issues changing his nick. He is also using the most current version of Firefox according to him but~ if you could check that I would sure appreciate it.  There was one time that he was using a different browser and he thought it was Firefox but he is sure he is using Firefox now.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer us. 

NOTE:There is no one else in the chat room that is using the name "Dave" yet he gets the Delphi message that the name is not available, regardless of the fact that  he has cleared his browser and has logged off correctly  using the correct method and then signed back in to Delphi and returned to our chat room to try it again with the same results.

Sassy

gunter

May-2

I see the name being used in another chat room so that is the most likely explanation. It's not just the one room, it applies to all rooms sitewide.

Experiment at another time/day and let us know if it works some other time.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-3

gunter said:

that is the most likely explanation. It's not just the one room, it applies to all rooms sitewide.

well that sucks big time!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-3

It worked tonight without any issues but he can't stay logged in all the time. He had no issues changing his member name to "Dave" for over a year now.

Evidently someone [ removed ] changes his name to "Dave" when he comes to Delphi. Evidently he has a new  Plus account.

It's really a shame that this is a system wide issue because of the implications that it presents.

I sure hope this is something on the FIX list but~ I have a strong feeling it isn't.

Is this something "NEW" or has this always been the case?

Thanks for explaining, it is greatly appreciated!

Sassy

• Edited May 3, 2020 10:24 pm  by  gunter
gunter

May-3

I'm not aware of any changes.  Don't  know if it makes a difference,  but he hasn't  assigned himself that nick in his Preferences ?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-10

I wasn't aware that option was even available... Where is it located at please?

Thanks so much! Sassy

gunter

May-10

Forgetting the Sassy (MrsSassy) are we?

Sassy is your nick, MrsSassy is your membername/username.

Change or add a nickname in Preferences, Nickname.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-10

After 20 years of being a member here and running my Forum yes I totally forgot where to do that at! I have spoken to him and he has changed it in his preferences now!  I guess I should poke around more and see what else I have forgotten after so many years of being here! LOL

Thanks so much for all your help!

Tc, Sassy

In reply toRe: msg 5
Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-11

I checked with him this evening and he said when he first came to Delphi he had no clue how to use it correctly so he never filled in a nick name. Our plan is for me to call him Tuesday and together we will get on both of our devices at the same time and I will help him get to the correct locations within his account and get it set up correctly! Thanks so much in advance for everything that you do  for us!

Tc, Sassy