Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Probation vs Moderation   Administrative Issues

Started May-19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 204 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

May-19

If I put a member on probation, do their posts come through the moderation queue?

The specific problem I have with this member is hijacking.

Rather than delete the post entirely, I want to be able to move the post to a more appropriate existing thread.

The only editing I can do is within the post itself, not change its destination.

This means I have to let the post go through, then move the it manually using the source code.  It is a time consuming task.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jenifer

gunter

May-19

Probation does go to moderation.  You would need to copy the message there, then paste into a new or appropriate discussion. 

Sassy (MrsSassy)

May-23

Jennifer, you can allow the post to go threw and then MOVE it to the correct folder by clicking on MANAGE DISCUSSION at the bottom  of your screen. ( if your the forums editor or Host which I'm assuming that your the Host ). You do not need to copy the source code... it's a very easy process that I use on a very regular basis for over 20 years now when someone has posted in the wrong folder.

That way the post does not look like you have posted it yourself... which it would if you copy and paste it into the correct folder. That is... if I'm reading your question correctly. If not I would leave a note explaining what you did and why at the bottom of their post. I would also include their member name so people know who responded...Other wise you take the risk of upsetting them and I'm sure that isn't your intent.

Tc, Sassy