Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Embed videos   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jun-9 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 220 views.

Hello all,

I searched but could not find instructions for embedding videos (youtube, to be precise).  Pasting the link to the video icon didn't do it.

Thanks!

gunter

Jun-9

Use the Embed code from the Share menu, not the link, then Paste it here via the Embed Media icon on the toolbar.

For DelphiBasic members this works only in Zeta.

In reply toRe: msg 2
gunter said...

Use the Embed code from the Share menu, not the link, then Paste it here via the Embed Media icon on the toolbar.

For DelphiBasic members this works only in Zeta.

Something weird happened.  The embed Media button disappeared from my toolbar.

In reply toRe: msg 4

Something weird happened.  The embed Media button disappeared from my toolbar.

Nvm, I had to log out and log back in for the Delphi Plus to activate.

So, it looks like the embed media button is not available for Basic members.  Is there a workaround for that?

gunter

Jun-10

Classic had videos as a DelphiPlus only benefit, when Zeta came along that coding was missed and hasn't been corrected. 

In reply toRe: msg 6

I am Delphi Plus.  Will everyone in my forum have the embed media link accessible or only those who upgrade to Delphi Plus?

gunter

Jun-10

DelphiPlus goodies apply to your account only.

Unless the forum is set to Zeta no other way, sorry.

In reply toRe: msg 8

I appreciate your patience in answering my questions.  This may be the last.

Personally, I prefer the look of the classic mode, but want to make the features of Zeta available to the forum members.  So....

Can I set the forum to Zeta mode and set my own view to Classic Mode?

If I set the forum to Zeta mode, can members who don't like it switch to Classic Mode?

best,

jaime59

gunter

Jun-10

Anyone preferring to see all forums in Classic can set View Zeta as Classic in Preferences.

If you want to experiment, many Hosts use another account (takes a different email address) to see what someone not on DelphiPlus sees in their forums.