Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Need Help Accessing Forum   Administrative Issues

Started Jul-13 by Nikki (nikkiv2000); 184 views.
Nikki (nikkiv2000)

Jul-13

I am coming back to Delphi after dealing with the aftermath of the Paradise Camp Fire and having to get my mother and settled in a new home and set up house here.  The host of The Hideaway, Jay Jablonski AKA DerryEyre, passed away last year, and I am an assistant manager on the forum.  I would like to take it over, in his memory, please?  I would greatly appreciate it. 

He was a dear friend to me, and was such a doll.  I know he would have wanted me to take it over.  Thank you!!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-13

Hi Nikki and welcome back :)

Delphi usually asks that you put up a discussion(thread) in the forum requesting the transfer be made to you and ask for the forum members (especially mods) to add their support. Then you can add a link here to that discussion and Delphi can make the transfer.

I'll draw @walthowe to this discussion so he can check the admin files for the former host to see if they left any instruction.

Nikki (nikkiv2000)

Jul-13

Key Kid!  It's showing me as not able to get in there without Jay letting me in.  I was offline for a long while, he knew why, we had phone contact.  Maybe I was off here too long, so I can't access the forum to post.  It really upsets me, you will see I'm all over the forum.  I hate this, just missing Jay right now

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-13

Ooooh it was probably a private forum. Once the host's account goes basic no one but them can get in. 

I'm so sorry about your friend. One of the guys can tell more about what's going on - I'm just guessing. 
@gunter  - can you or walt help her determine whats going in with the forum named in post 1

gunter

Jul-14

Looks like it's been two years since the Host's last visit and his private forums have been inaccessible for over a year. Nothing we can help with at this point, sorry.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Nikki (nikkiv2000)

Jul-14

He was sick and in and out of the hospital, and I had no access because of the fire..............geez that hurts............I'm not happy, but thanks anyway

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-14

If you want to start up your own forum I'd be happy to help you with anything you might need in getting going.