Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Chat room - size matters apparently   Chat

Started Jul-28 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 332 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-28

I've been working with one chatroom in particular as several members there have been having problems with the "room breaking".

Initially I have no idea why and could not "break" it for myself. I kept at it on my own and after more info from other members was able to successfully break the room! Well my view of it. I think could not repair my view with Firefox. I left the whole thing alone hoping it would resolve in time to chat with these nice folks again this evening (afternoon for me)

Playing with (increasing) the font size and/or room size(dragging a corner of the screen) even the browser view size(Ctrl +) makes the whole chatscreen "sensitive" I'm able to "break" it by using Shift Semi Colon as if to insert an emoji (a tip from one of their chatters) others experience this breakage when opening the menu to view profile, send whisper etc.

The problem is once it is like this (and the field you type in is WAY down below the screen where the chat is in) you can "fix it" either by resizing or reloading the chartoom. This however does not actually fix the "sensitivity" and the room will break again.

Of course I broke mine repeatedly in three browsers. The font resizer (sliding thing) breaks and in Firefox I have had a heck of a time repairing that. I think because Chrome and now Edge are both web based I can clear the cache if necessary and get control back - with Firefox I all but burned and replaced my computer and it still hung on to that "breakage" (Cleared cache, closed browser, restarted computer...)

So while doing all this, I did recall a problem with components of the chatroom jumping around like this. Is there a known issue already on a fixit list?

gunter

Jul-28

I'll let tech know.

thanks ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-29

If they want more info or screenshots let me know - a member contacted me last night about it happening in another room and included screen shots. I just don't want to post them. 

gunter

Jul-29

More examples may help. Email if that preferable.

good sleuthing ...

In reply toRe: msg 4
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-30

Just did so now - the subject is Chat room break up.

gunter

Aug-6

Any idea when this started?

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-6

I am strongly leaning towards bots.

I signed in with Lurkmagnet on Chrome - went to a forum I own with a chatroom that does not have a bot. Messed around trying to break the room layout and could not. Closed that room went to another forum I own with chatbots in the room - entered the Welcomebot room and typed shift semi colon and BOOM it broke. Left that room - went back to the first (botless) room and all was well.

**Also I added a members description of this behavior at Live on Delphi.

gunter

Aug-6

interesting ... thanks...

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-6

gunter said:

Any idea when this started?

edtNZ From Seniors hideaway says this is not new at all, at least a year - likely much longer.