Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Subject line lengths   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Sep-6 by Joe (JParanoid); 103 views.
Joe (JParanoid)

Sep-6

Hi everyone - owner of the ToughPigs Muppet Fan Forum here.

I noticed that some of our new members have been able to create new articles with extremely long subject titles, while my own have been capped at 40 characters.  Not only am I listed as the owner/moderator of the forum, but I have a paid Delphi account.

Is there a setting somewhere where I can extend my subject line limit?  Or is there a loophole our new members are accidentally stumbling upon?

Thanks for the tips!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-6

Hi Joe! The Zeta version of Delphi Forums allows for more characters in the subject fields (but not if you edit afterwards). Your newbies are likely using mobile to see the forum that way. You can without switching the forum over by adding /zeta to your forum's address after the webtag.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/zeta

To begin a new discussion (thread) just click on the New Topic button.

**You'll need to switch your Preference to see all Zeta forums as Classic if it is set that way

Joe (JParanoid)

Sep-6

Interesting!  Thanks so much - I'll have to play with the Zeta version and see how I like it.

Cheers!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-6

If you have any questions, we're here with mostly correct answers lol