Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

List of Visitors to Forum   Welcome / Start Page

Started Nov-23 by cozyhomelife (encantame_01); 192 views.

I wonder why I see I've had 45 visitors to my forum, but no one shows up in the start page visitor list, or even in the detailed reports?    I know I've visited lots of forums and my name shows up right away on the start page list.    I'm curious as to if these are different people or the same person visiting many times, because they never say anything, and I'm trying to get some activity going.    I don't understand how people who are members on delphi can visit my forum anonymously?

PS, didn't there used to be some kind of indication beside MY FORUMS or in the tab on the browser that you had replies to check?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-23

Guest visitors (either non Delphi members or members who are full signed out) count as visitors but would not appear on the visitor lists.

cozyhomelife (encantame_01) said:

PS, didn't there used to be some kind of indication beside MY FORUMS or in the tab on the browser that you had replies to check?

Yes there is in the navigation strip, upper right.

it is that strip I am asking about.    I'm thinking that there used to be a number (of messages to check) or something that alerted you that you had replies to look for in your forums list.   I look thru the whole list and even when I find a couple, no alert was given by the star.   That was my question, didn't there used to be an alert by the star to look for messages?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-23

Not by the star just the ones that say Messages to me

You are not seeing any numbers here?  

ah, thank you!   I was looking by the star!   I have also changed my forum that people have to be signed in to read it.   It is very discouraging that people want to read you like a book, but would never consider talking to you.   

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-24

Oh how exciting! I was going to say - don't forget to promote but you did! Hurray! I'm glad you are back, you have so much talent.

cozyhomelife (encantame_01) said:

It is very discouraging that people want to read you like a book, but would never consider talking to you.

I understand that it seems off putting to have people coming in to look but that is likely them finding you doing a Gop0gle search for some crafts or patterns.People often visit a forum many time before posting if they do at all. One of the forums I am most active at has people visiting regularly and not posting for YEARS!

Good luck I see you already have visitors I know are promo followers. Hang in there and people will be posting soon.