Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sig Help for Krathyn   Everything Else

Started Dec-22 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 1602 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-22

It is the type and size of the signature. So there's a glitch with uploading it to the sig editor and you must upload it first to your Files.  Not sure if this will show but the sig editor resized the image and that messed up the animation. The editor will not mess it up if you upload it to your files first...

Like here https://people.delphiforums.com/Kidmagnet/GMholidaychurchjulea-vi.gif

yup, the second  one is what I got when I attempted it. It goes into the files, no problem, no matter what I name it in the computer. 
Then when I get the pic like the second one I try to save and set as default. It gives me the funny error message "filename already exists in this path." The message appears twice. When I click OK on the message, the pic disappears from the sig editor and I am left with a blank.
I have been deleting blanks with different names. I have tried renaming it in the computer and uploading it into the files after having deleted the last named one from the files.
It's a cute seasonal file, and I would like to have some seasonal files. I have been able to use it as a sig on some emails. I am able to put it in a post by using the attachment function "from my computer" and "do not include signature on this message" I will do that here. That is too complicated if I would like to just use it for a sig for a few days ...Christmas is Friday and it's kind of outdated after that til next year. 
So, thanks for bringing it over here so I can show you.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-23

I'll mention it again to Julea - if I get a chance to work out the signature editor size limitations. I think I did some of this leg work back a while ago so I can search for that lol. Like you said it's nearly Christmas so no point in having her do something with this tag now.

You can use images from your Files in the sig editor. Either by adding the address (open the image and click on the address bar to copy what is there OR right click on the image to copy the image location OR just copy and paste the actual image. Doing it that way skips the resizing process and it should work fine.

Just doing that now ...

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-23

test

Worked! (note for those viewing this forum as Zeta - you will not see the signature block)

will see about copying and pasting the actual image. I think you were right in one of your replies to Gunter in the other help forum, that the image exists in the file without a name somewhere. But I cannot locate it and I don't know why it did that. I have both Christmas_church.gif which is very snowy and Christmas church.gif which is a good pic. 
I thank you for all the work. You are really the go to person with some of these things. (I tried for an hour and still could not do it. The below sig is an insertion. Maybe by next year I will get it.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-23

krathyn3 (Phantom7031) said:

that the image exists in the file without a name somewhere. But I cannot locate it and I don't know why it did that.

In your Profile section called Files you will see a subfolder called signature_images

Here's my test accounts

If you expand that it will show you the files you have uploaded through the Sig editor.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-23

How are you managing to delete signatures? I tried form the editor and it did not take (logged out, tried another browser etc)

Also if you are busy just ignore me lol

i am using the Sig _images in the files place you described above to delete the names. I also have deleted from the sig editor.

Not ignoring you. 

Uh OH--I  THINK I GOT IT!

i copied and pasted this.... I think i now have it AS A SIG! 
in time for Christmas.! 
And just because I think this is ALSO funny, I got it from the forum "MAKE SHORTY LAFF" in the folder, 
"Funny signatures!" Because I was about to post that it was one that didn't really work...

what a Christmas present! Thank you ma'am....Happy Holidays....

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Dec-23

Well you are part way there.. you copied it from a forum upload instead of your files. When we upload from our computer to a message in a forum the file attaches TO the forum. So anyone viewing your sig now - their browser has to zip over to Shorty's Laff forum.

Better to upload the image to your Files if you have not already and then copy and paste to your signature.