Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum not visited shows on MyForums    Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jun-15 by Magdalena_Tx; 589 views.
gunter

Jun-15

Els has the answer! 

Your sig image is located in that forum, every time someone loads your message the system goes to the forum to get the image and registers a visit. Possibly the poster is also using an image like that?

Copy the image to your desktop and then use that copy in your sig. Or upload to your DelphiPlus Files and use the address there. 

let us know how it goes ...

Magdalena_Tx

Jun-15

they did the wording on my sig but that is all if I remember correctly i have had it for quite a long time.  is that the problem? it says my forum.... I am really confused as I am not very tech savy.  let me try not using a sig and  rule it out. ok wait i do not know how to do what i suggested without deleting it all together which i do not want to do as it might not be the problem. he is going to try to use a different browser also. he is using safari at the present. I am going to suggest fire fox for him since it is the less troublesome. i appreciate any help that is given! I really hope it is not me that is causing his aggravation unintentionally. 

thank you very much .

magdalena

In reply toRe: msg 3
Magdalena_Tx

Jun-15

thank you gunter I will do that right now! I really had no idea I was doing something wrong. Thank you for teaching me so I won't be annoying to him anymore. with much gratitude. magdalena

In reply toRe: msg 5
Magdalena_Tx

Jun-15

I am sorry to bother you again. I did have a couple of questions. 1. can you double check to see if I actually did fix the problem. 2. do I need to edit every post I used the sig on that is in my forum. if yes is there a quick way to do this or do I have to edit every post with the sig. Cleaning up messes are not a fun thing but I am a master at making them unfortunately. Thank you for your assistance. 

magdalena

gunter

Jun-15

Looking good with your sig here now and, sorry, no ezsy way to fix older signs on messages.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Magdalena_Tx

Jun-16

Thank you again. It is going to be such a long process to get everything to be right again. I have had that sig for a extremely long time. can I put that on my wish list to have tools for somethings that might get messed up. Maybe a sig class for non tech savy people would be nice. then people could learn to not make mistakes like this one.have a blessed night.

magdalena

gunter

Jun-16

Not sure you need to bother with older messages. fewer people will be seeing them. Having a forum showing on their MyForums is a minor irritation.

Magdalena_Tx

Jun-16

Thank you very much for everything you have done for me.  magdalena

Els (misselsa)

Jun-18

I think your sig has the same problem. I Have had your forum om my recently visited list very often after reading messages here