Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Snipping Tool use   Everything Else

Started Oct-5 by Mikebrn; 607 views.
Mikebrn

Oct-5

Hi,

When I use snipping tool to insert some copied text, it shrinks the insert to make it almost unreadable - see a sample league table below - despite it looking okay when first inserted.

Is this just a size issue so that it prevents large graphics from being inserted in a post etc? Any way to overcome this as I want to use it to copy tables / fixtures without dealing with the the formatting of Excel 

and snipping tool seemed okay as an alternative to copying Excel cells.

Mike

gunter

Oct-6

Sorry this is a bit late answering. Inserted images do get resized, DelphiPlus has a bit larger image but I doubt that will help.

The way around this would be to have the image stored on another site, then use Insert Image from the Web on the editor toolbar with the location url. That way images keep the original size. DelphiPlus members also have Files for storage which works the same way.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Mikebrn

Oct-8

Thanks for the reply. Will have to look into it as far as this solution is concerned.

Mike

WALTER784

Oct-9

Have you tried doing a print screen of the excel sheet?

Just copy it into your paint utility... crop out all the unwanted surroundings and then paste it as an image into a post.

FWIW

Mikebrn

Oct-10

Hi,

Thanks for this - gave it a go - the result was per below. Will keep working on it smiley

In reply toRe: msg 5
Mikebrn

Oct-10

It is better than before it has to be said. It still shrinks it so will continue to experiment.

Mike

WALTER784

Oct-10

Work on it a little and you'll get better. Hint: I use point size 11 when I copy and paste.

FWIW

• Edited October 10, 2021 8:52 am  by  WALTER784
WALTER784

Oct-10

Another hint is to go into the raw HTML mode and change the pic size however you like. The following is the same I previously posted.

Go into the raw HTML and add width=640 and it becomes:

And then go in and change that width to width=200 and it becomes:

Then you can resize it however you want as well:

FWIW

Kidmagnet

Oct-16

Delphi resizes images embedded in posts this way. If you are a basic member I think the image is resized to 400 x 300,  paying members get a larger size... something like 600 x 400 (I think off the top of my noggin)

You can do as Walter suggested and increase the image size in source but you'll only increase the physical size not the number of pixels so details will be fuzzy. If you upload the saved file to a image hosting site (or upgrade your account here, file storage is included plus - larger embeds) Delphi does not impose such strict (and tiny) resizing.