Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My Forum on a new computer   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jan-11 by Freebird (freebird35); 247 views.

I've always been curious about this, so I'll ask. Not that there's any problems with my computer I have now, but if someday down the road I need to buy me a new one, how would I be able to still keep my forums intact on my new computer? Would I still be able to still host my forum or would I have to set a new forum all up again due to having me a new computer? Always been curious on how that would work. And thanks in advance for all the info on this.   PS,  And HAPPY BELATED HOLIDAYS to all of those here on delphi forums support, for helping all of us whenever we either have questions that need answered or in helping us to fix any forum/computer issue we may have. IMHO you fellers N gals go underappreciated & that's a shame & so not right. So, from my wife & myself, we all say a big & giant THANK YOU one N all here at delphi, because you are the glue that keeps us all together & I THANK YOU!!!

Freebird

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Jan-11

The forum are hosted on Delphi computers, not your computer, so your forum will be the same on a new box as on the old. Same as it's the same on a computer and your phone or tablet, if you have either of those.

When you do need to buy a new computer, you'll need to remember your passwords to sign in again, or copy/install your password manager if you use one on your current machine.

Thanks for the info. I only have a simple laptop but I was always curious on how that worked when buying a new computer when it comes to having up a forum. Thanks again for the info & happy belated holidays to you & yours!

Knotpicky (RUTA)

Jan-12

You're very welcome. Yep, the forums are all on the Internet, not on your personal computer. Enjoy your forums and sleep easy. All the best to you an yours in the New Year.