Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

potential member can't log in   Basic Help for Hosts

Started May-31 by mkh106; 271 views.
mkh106

May-31

hi there,

i have invited someone to join our Lifering forum, and she cannot log in. after not succeeding with her first password, she re-set the password to a different one and now keeps getting the message that her email address is already in use.

what should she do?

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

May-31

mkh106 said:

now keeps getting the message that her email address is already in use.

That sounds like she is trying to open a new account instead of logging in. Can she get to the forum using the address http://forums.delphiforums.com/lifering

Then if she wants to post or chat she'll be prompted to log in.  Use the email address where it says 'Enter membername or email address' ... then the password.

If she continues having problems she can email service@delphiforums.com. 

let us know how it goes  ...

• Edited May 31, 2022 1:34 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 2
mkh106

May-31

thanks, Gunter.

she has tried several ways, one via general delphi, another via my invite directly from the lifering forum, which is the above one you mention, yes? i will copy your answer and email it to her and hopefully she can take it from there.

In reply toRe: msg 3
WaltHowe
Staff

Jun-1

She may have used the same email address on more than one account, and that creates problems in password change and recovery. If this is the case, she needs to reach out to Gunter or me or write to service@delphiforums.com for more help.

mkh106

Jun-1

thanks, Walt.

i have forwarded her the service address.