Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

what controls do I have to give a person so they can see the cog wheel to enable them to edit their post.,

I havent had this problem before , I gave her voice but she still doesnt see the cogwheel.

They do not need controls to edit their own post. If they cannot see the cog on their post have them post in here so we can help them. 

WALTER784

Sep-10

Kidmagnet said...

They do not need controls to edit their own post. If they cannot see the cog on their post have them post in here so we can help them. 

I've seen this problem in one or two forums in the past. I think it has to do with the style sheets they use.

The cog doesn't show on screen, but if you cursor over just to the right of the [Reply] button, a pop up will display for you to perform the functions available even though the cog isn't displayed.

FWIW

Yup, that's one possibility. 
Thanks.

TheHippy

Sep-10

It is indeed an css issue....

They try to use to remove background on it

But do use faulty code....that makes it dissapear...

I known this cause i did it myself too...

I did catch the wrong code and repaired.it....

So yes def a wrong use of css...

WALTER784

Sep-11

Thanks for the confirmation!

FWIW

Kid I did as you said and she wrote back to me and said its only in my forum that she cant see the cog wheel, she didnt want to come here  to see if anyone could help her. Would you be able to go into my forum and just make sure I have everything set  right please. Just for my peace of mind.

Do you know what it is in the CSS that prevents Chrome users from seeing the cog in the posted messages? 
I know we've done this but I'm working long hours and can't think (and am too tired to read a style sheet lol)

Els (misselsa)

Sep-13

I have no idea, but I never use Chrome. I just noticed that one of my forums that has an Easy Peasy theme doesn't show the cogwheel in Chrome either. It shows in FF

I will try to find out why.