Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Reposting of a message on a different forum   Administrative Issues

Started Apr-21 by srragland; 908 views.
In reply toRe: msg 9
Cstar1
Staff

May-15

RCBZ said:

There was another way to do it without needing permission which was to briefly paraphrase what the post author said and provide a link to the original post....is that still the case?

Correct. If you're summarizing something in your own words, it's not violating anyone's copyright. 

RCBZ said:

how does the posting of pictures work, there are a lot of pictures posted with no link back posted...but in most pictures have a link embedded in the picture to the source. I believe Walt said that posting pictures were alright as long as there were no complaints from the author.

Pictures are exactly the same as text. The same copyright rules apply. 

In reply toRe: msg 10
Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-15

Cstar1 said:

RCBZ said: how does the posting of pictures work, there are a lot of pictures posted with no link back posted...but in most pictures have a link embedded in the picture to the source. I believe Walt said that posting pictures were alright as long as there were no complaints from the author. Pictures are exactly the same as text. The same copyright rules apply.

On top of whomever holds the copyright on the image, by copy/pasting it to the forum you are also using the original sites bandwidth. In other words if an image is free to use it should be posted correctly (downloaded to your own computer and embedded in the Delphi post) We use images this way on a forum I assist at and add the proper credits to the Welcome page.