Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Show Us Your Zeta Palettes!   Community Feedback

Started Sep-13 by Cstar1; 173 views.
Cstar1
Staff

Sep-13

Thanks, Showtalk!

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-13

If anyone wants either of those backgrounds that I'm not using they can ask me.  One is movie theater curtains and the other is a book fly leaf.  Both are public domain backgrounds.

In reply toRe: msg 1

I like to show off my tips and tricks but that sounds a bit like I work on a street corner in an mini skirt...

So here's are my SUGGESTIONS for using the Zeta Palette Maker.

1. I'm importing a Delphi palette. Why?? Starting from scratch can be frustrating, what with trying to work out which font colour is going on which background (yes they are now listed and thank you for that Mr B and company)  but still... I wander down a path that ends up rather frightening.

So gabbing one where you can clearly see dark backgrounds and light fonts (and visa versa) means just swapping out for colours more to your liking. My personal preference is for fewer variations so I could also see how 4 different colours could easily drop to two.

I started here with the Midnight palette and made just a few changes

Next I started off with the basic Delphi colour palette and again made a few changes with the help of a free program called Color Cop I could identify the exact blue in my background image. I took that color code number to this website and used it in their search field. Now I had access to the best complimentary color and the darker and lighter shades in the same families. I mucked about until I liked what I saw...

I was super excited to do my Bug Forum. Els (misselsa) created the background for this and Accidental Brilliance when they were Classic forums and I love them both. Now the Zeta versions match and look nice too!

For Buggy For Bugs I started off again with one of Delphi's set palettes, used the previously mentioned Color Cop and the color code website to choose my new colours.

And I used the same process for Bird Brained

I'm leaving you with one more resource ... this website is filled with photos that are free for you to use. You can resize them or crop one bit out, all alterations are permitted. https://unsplash.com/

Have fun, ask questions and show off... even if it's a bit scary...