Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BotCity/Bots   Chat

Started Aug-25 by MarissaWishing; 3153 views.
MarissaWishing

Sep-1

I agree, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but I'm nonetheless frustrated by the situation. The room bot does add a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it. I don't know if he has an assistant who can address issues in his absence, but that's a suggestion for the future. Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are there other vendors who provide bots that work in Delphi?

Thank you,

Marissa

jazzy (jazzy1111)

Sep-1

I agree that we don't know, and I didn't mean to imply that any action be taken immediately.  I have no reason to doubt his integrity. However, at some point, whether or not there is any *fault* involved, people want to know what's going on, either from Delphi (and the responses indicate that you've tried to help) or perhaps from someone who knows him.  If he ran this by himself, and no one knows how to contact him, then perhaps there's little that can be done.  We all hope he is OK.

gunter

Sep-1

To be clear, I see Wishling logged in a couple of times since you first reported.  Is that you doing the login?

Don't know how many other bots are running, there haven't been more reports like this so far.

MarissaWishing

Sep-2

Hi Gunter, 

Yes, that was me logging in as Wishling, trying to see if that would work (it didn't). Also, pepsigal_43 mentioned earlier in this thread that she has been having bot problems as well. 

Thanks,
Marissa

gunter

Sep-2

ok - I think you logging in wouldn't help in any case, Will needs to do that to couple the bot with the script.

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-2

MarissaWishing said:

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are there other vendors who provide bots that work in Delphi?

There are no other vendors that have been authorized by Delphi to provide bots. A few people have tried, but either couldn't comply with the rules, or they faded away. That's not to say that there isn't someone out there who does set up bots for friends, but no one else who's been authorized as a business. 

MarissaWishing

Sep-3

Thank you and Gunter for continuing to help. I hope we can get this all figured out soon.

Marissa

goodgirl307

Sep-4

We have had the same issue in 40sPlus - with our bot named Nikki_Parker.  She has not been working for several weeks (maybe a month now), even while her membership has been paid up through sometime in November, 2017.  This has been frustrating, especially since I have heard that bots in other rooms are functioning (I haven't verified this but have been told this by others).  The bots do add a lot to the chatting experience.  Hoping there is some resolution out there. 

Will

Sep-5

Sorry y'all I haven't been on can't afford irc access for myself and I see most of you aren't making renewal payments with your bots. I'll go through billing soon as I get home in a few and see which ones accidentally removed 

I'm heading for surgery on Thursday so I'll try my best to get everyone but suggested you check the last time you made payment and how long it was good for some of you got several months free 

In reply toRe: msg 27
Will

Sep-5

I'll credit anyone accidentally removed as well